Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone...

This is actually the first thread i've ever posted so please forgive me if i leave anything out lol :rolleyes:

Basically, I live in Preston and have applied through GTTR to take the Music PGCE (Secondary). My application was sent to Huddersfield on 14th March, and I haven't heard anything about an interview yet?!

Is anyone else awaiting an invite for interview from anyone?

Also, I currently hold an Enhanced CRB, but it has a Caution on from 6 yrs ago - for "Assault ocasioning in ABH". I DO HAVE a LOT of experience in Music. Although, Im only 23, I have been in the industry for 17 years - from classical theory and orchestral training to a music production degree and a Gold Arts Award (recognition of being an advanced practicioner and Projects Manager).

:eek: I just need to know if anyone else is awaiting interview invites? Im panicking and checking my emails and GTTR about 10 times a day lol.

ANY RESPONES APPRECIATED! THANKS GUYS AND GIRLIES xxx

ReputationRep:
    One thing you should know about PGCE course providers, which you might realise if you lurk around here a bit more, is they will not reply until the absolute last minute that they have to on Track, which is like a month after sending it.

Phone your first choice and see

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt worry about it, its early days since your application got sent it and it does take them a while to get through the hundreds of applications they get. minimum time ive heard of an application getting a responce was about 2 weeks (and for me it was a rejection!), my application got sent end of november for the place it is currently at and i didnt get a responce about an interview till january, and then my interview was origonally scheduled for mid-feb (though it got cancelled and moved to last week) so theres one example of time scale for you (though not the same for everyone!)
    try to put it from your mind and concentrate on other things (i know its difficult) and the wait will fly by

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys...

Thanks soooo much for the responses

I got a reply through Track today! I was unsuccesful at Huddersfield so they've sent my application to my second choice (Cumbria)!

Angelofmel - Congrats on the interview Did you get an 'unsuccesul' for your first choice? And was your interview for your second choice?? Its just now that i'v got an unsuccessful on my 1st, im worried that the rest will be too lol.
    Do you think my Caution will get in the way?

Sorry for all the questions lol
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahleigh)
    Hey guys...

Thanks soooo much for the responses

I got a reply through Track today! I was unsuccesful at Huddersfield so they've sent my application to my second choice (Cumbria)!

Angelofmel - Congrats on the interview Did you get an 'unsuccesul' for your first choice? And was your interview for your second choice?? Its just now that i'v got an unsuccessful on my 1st, im worried that the rest will be too lol.
    Do you think my Caution will get in the way?

Sorry for all the questions lol
    Thanks
    yes i was unsuccesfull (cambridge...bit of a long shot so not unexpected!) and yes my interview is my second choice uni. its the only uni ive had my heart set on so will be gutted if i dont get in lol.

ive no idea about your caution im afraid. your best bet is to phone up the uni and ask?

ReputationRep:
    Oh im sorry to hear you were unsuccessful with Cambridge
    Fingers crossed on your interview though!
    ...and as for my caution - i was going to email them and ask but i dont really want to tempt fate lol. I think im going to giv it a few days and if I haven't heard anything il try the email / phone.

Thanks for your help with this x

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.