Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Massive argument with my best friend? watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by qwerty7)
    Ok, thanks for the advice! I'll try and be nice tomorrow!
    It's ok..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rant)
    I dearly hope you're trolling.
    Why? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    How so? I wasn't drunk at any point in any part of that story!
    I think you just proved my point.

I didn't mention being drunk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innerhollow)
    If you want advice from TSR H&R don't post great big essays- very few people read them. If you want to rant, post the rant in Spoiler tags and then summarise your problem in a few sentences above this.
    Oh, ok! Thanks for that! I saw some 'spoiler' things but I didn't put two and two together, and just wrote a novel instead...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by in_vogue)
    I think you just proved my point.

I didn't mention being drunk.
    Oh, sorry! When you mentioned not being able to handle drinking, I assumed you meant the alcoholic kind?

ReputationRep:
    I admit I'd thought about this! But I know if I ever did the same to her then I'd never hear the end of it! Since we spend everyday together, and have the same friends, I can't see this really working. Plus, I could never force myself to intentionally be mean. I'd end up meeting her last minute just to get out of it!
    Well, you're letting her hear the end of it if she did it to you I don't see how she can complain if she doesn't explain - if anything, it'll force her to explain what she did if she wants to make you feel guilty.

ReputationRep:
    Do what she did.. Organise a night with you and your friend's and leave her out of it..
    Or you just forget about the whole thing and move on from it I guess?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innerhollow)
    If you want advice from TSR H&R don't post great big essays- very few people read them. If you want to rant, post the rant in Spoiler tags and then summarise your problem in a few sentences above this.
    Utter laziness.

OP, your friends are pathetic. Why would you want to be friends with people who treat you this way?

ReputationRep:
    I think its more a case of; you spend ALOT of time together so over time you're bound to get pissy over little things.. its one of those things that happens so im not really doubting the friendship. Maybe you should spend some time apart from her and do your own thing for a while, once those mean thoughts go out of your head & u start to miss her would be the right time to start over and apologise an' all. You know with all that 'absence makes the heart grown fonder' type thing maybe ? ... Just a suggestion ..

Hope it works out for you. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linweth)
    Utter laziness.

OP, your friends are pathetic. Why would you want to be friends with people who treat you this way?
    This. They ditched you OP . They don't seem very considerate at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linweth)
    Utter laziness.

That's a good point :/ They've never been like this before though, this is the first time I've been left out of something in the past year. I don't know what the other friends were thinking/doing of whether it was just my bestie.

ReputationRep:
    Your friend sounds like an absolute gimp tbh.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.