Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I have been looking for a thread here that has all the offer holders for MSc Finance Cass. I have been made an offer and I will be accepting it. It would be nice to meet other prospectives classmates...

Thank you.

Btw im an undergraduate in the UK...

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for MSc Finance.... undergraduate from the US. Still waiting to receive decisions from four European schools before I make a decision.

Any idea where you'll be living?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I have the conditional offer now. Have you guys taken GMAT? is there any waiver? I will take GMAT by the end of this month, hope to meet the condition soon.

I am still considering between CASS and DURHAM, have to choose by mid of April. Anyone having the same offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bugxit)
    Hi there,

I have the conditional offer now. Have you guys taken GMAT? is there any waiver? I will take GMAT by the end of this month, hope to meet the condition soon.

I am still considering between CASS and DURHAM, have to choose by mid of April. Anyone having the same offers?
    My offer is conditional on grades. Same deadline.. really short window with no other offers yet. I will know Bocconi's decision on April 4th though.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys yea i took the gmat....and i think i will be living in pRivate accomodation

ReputationRep:
    Although it's still in the Finance Department, have an offer for MSc Real Estate Investment. Anyone know what the course is like/employability? Where is the best place to live near campus (I'm Australian so really have no idea on this matter).

Cass's stats says they have a 90% placement rate for this course and starting salaries are quite high.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know much about that course...but generally Cass has links with the city....

Is Cass known in Australia though?

coming from that far I would advise you apply for accomodation through cass...as getting an appartment privately needs you to have a guarantor...and also u won't be able to come for viewings...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodlesandsoup)
    I dont know much about that course...but generally Cass has links with the city....

Is Cass known in Australia though?

coming from that far I would advise you apply for accomodation through cass...as getting an appartment privately needs you to have a guarantor...and also u won't be come for viewings...
    As Australia is the most isolated country in the world, it's pretty naive when it comes to the rest of the world. But I have no intention returning to Australia for a long time. I'm a British citizen so won't have issues landing a job (visa's, sponsorship etc.). Worst case scenario is I have a friend living near the city so can shack with him until I find something. Tossing up whether I should live in Cass accommodation or rent a flat/house. Can parentals be guarantors?

ReputationRep:
    I'm already at Cass, studying Investment and Financial Risk Management. You will be spending a lot of time in year 1 with people who study all branches of finance... As year 1 is exceptionally similar, in some cases all 6 of the modules can be the same, in others 4/6 are the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    I'm already at Cass, studying Investment and Financial Risk Management. You will be spending a lot of time in year 1 with people who study all branches of finance... As year 1 is exceptionally similar, in some cases all 6 of the modules can be the same, in others 4/6 are the same.
    May i ask why you chose Cass over other institutions you may have applied to? And what are their facilities like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masterajb)
    May i ask why you chose Cass over other institutions you may have applied to? And what are their facilities like?
    Cass was my wildcard. I wanted to do politics at LSE but got rejected, I didn't really want to go to any of my other choices. I got AAAA at A level (year before A*s were introduced)

Cass has very very average facilities. It turns out you are in Northampton square sharing the building with city students, and I don't mean to seem rude but a lot of them have less than 2 brain cells to rub together. Cass itself though is generally filled with very intelligent people, but you do get those who think that it is their god given right to be heads of industry.

ReputationRep:
    As Australia is the most isolated country in the world, it's pretty naive when it comes to the rest of the world. But I have no intention returning to Australia for a long time. I'm a British citizen so won't have issues landing a job (visa's, sponsorship etc.). Worst case scenario is I have a friend living near the city so can shack with him until I find something. Tossing up whether I should live in Cass accommodation or rent a flat/house. Can parentals be guarantors?
    you normally need a UK based guarantor

ReputationRep:
    As Australia is the most isolated country in the world, it's pretty naive when it comes to the rest of the world.
    HAHA second that

But you are doing undergrad right? This is postgrad if I am correct. ??

ReputationRep:
    Yes this is a Postgrad thread!....are they not anymore MSc Finance Cass people here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_decider)
    HAHA second that

But you are doing undergrad right? This is postgrad if I am correct. ??
    Sorry... Replied to this very late in the night!

I have been to bunhill row, the main site for cass postgrads. It is a fantastic building with absolutely fantastic facilities and I would recommend it highly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodlesandsoup)
    Yes this is a Postgrad thread!....are they not anymore MSc Finance Cass people here
    I have an offer but still considering.

Sorry... Replied to this very late in the night!

I have been to bunhill row, the main site for cass postgrads. It is a fantastic building with absolutely fantastic facilities and I would recommend it highly.
    No worries! so bachelor and master students study at different locations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_decider)
    I have an offer but still considering.

No worries! so bachelor and master students study at different locations?
    They do indeed. BSc's get to go to Northampton square and share with City University. MSc's get to go to Bunhill row, which is just fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    I have MSc Finance offer from Cass and MSc Finance and Management at Cranfield..plz help me choose the best...

Cass has London advantages, its courses are known to be more practical...its finance faculty and infrastructure is good....but the only problem is no. of students at Cass...Cass has 4-5 finance MSc courses(like investment management, mathematical trading and finance, etc), so the total no. of students studying similar courses is 400+...

As for Cranfield university, it has a gr8 reputation overall...better than Cass...but not sure how much Cranfield's finance courses are regarded...and then not being in London is a disadvantage...but the biggest plus point is that the strength of class is only 50...so that means better quality of students and better quality of education...it seems like a special and exclusive course and they don't let anybody in like at Cass...placing 50 students for jobs would be far easier than placing 400 students..

plz guys help me decide...Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamroopak)
    ..but the biggest plus point is that the strength of class is only 50...so that means better quality of students and better quality of education...it seems like a special and exclusive course and they don't let anybody in like at Cass...placing 50 students for jobs would be far easier than placing 400 students..

plz guys help me decide...Thanks!

this is not necessarily a plus, the school does not place you into jobs. You apply and with CASS or Cranfield on your CV you should be able to get any finance employer interested in your CV. It is now up to you from there. Obviously your undergraduate degree matters and experience and other employability skills. The class numbers you are mentioning only means only 50 students apply to jobs from cranfield and 400 apply to jobs from CASS.

As you have already noted CASS is located in London. It is not only located in London but in the City very near to all the Banks and Financial Firms you will be apply to. Extremely convenient for networking. The Banks find it easy to come down to the school and as you may know in Banking networking is mostly important. You need to keep intouch with contacts you have made and no better way by being around the corner.

CASS is much stronger in Finance than Cranfield. The case may not be the same for MBA or an MSC in Management. CASS is easily recognised for Postgraduate Finance. The MSc Finance course at CASS is very practical with two different streams Corporate Finance and Investments, very many electives to choose from too. CASS has facilities like Bloomberg trading room and Reuters trading room. With CASS being CFA recognised thats a plus too, and you get the CISI certification automatically.

Basically in the next few years CASS would be more recognised worldwide. It is currently doing a lot to be known more. I have heard that many CASS alumni are in Wall Street, its possible that in a few Years your MSc Finance from CASS would be of very high value.

ReputationRep:
    not sure if this is related but i got an offer from cass as well in msc quantitative finance
    any1 has any suggestion about this course?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.