Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I have had an offer from manchester metts and staffordshire univeristy to study biomedical science!

    (Original post by Cat_with_a_hat)
    I have had an offer from manchester metts and staffordshire univeristy to study biomedical science!

    But the problem is, mmu is not as promising as I cannot transfer onto the applied route in the 2nd year whereas with staffordshire I can.

    But I do not want to live at home, so i do not want to go to staffs even though i may have a chance to get onto the applied route in the 2nd year (i want to work in the labs) and can apply for IBMS upon graduating.

    However living in manchester will be great as i have friends there and will have a greater chance of finding a job. But for uni, they wont let me transfer onto the applied route in 2nd year. It will be a sandwhich year with placement which i do not want.

    SO what do I do?

    Be independant or go to the uni thats just across my home because i have a small chance of getting onto applied route?
    I don't understand why you applied for a sandwich course if you didn't want to do it, and only because it's in Manchester.

    If I were you, I would go to Staffordshire. The course is more what you want and living at home will save you lots of money.

    I'd say you should go to manchester met because im sure its a better university than staffs. I've heard staffs isn't a very good uni, whereas i've heard good things about manchester met. Also it sounds like you would prefer manchester and have a nicer time. A placement year is supposed to be one of the best things to do because employers look for it and it will give you the oppertunity to earn some money and you will prob pay less student loan that year. Good luck with your choice!

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.