Turn on thread page Beta

Should I go cold on her? watch

I've been talking to this girl for over 2 months now. I like her, and she's shown signs of interest in me. I've invited her to a few events, even offering to pay for her ticket for a gig she said she wanted to go to but had no money, which she declined. I feel I've been playing it a bit too cool.

Now she's been speaking to this other guy at College the past week or so. Literally everything on Facebook she posts, including posts on the walls of mutual friends, he comments on, and she seems to be enjoying the attention a lot, inviting him to join her and her mates in the canteen even though he didn't have lesson til 1PM.

So I thought maybe I should be more attentive to her, see what happens. This evening I sent her a text asking her how she was, if she'd started her coursework and if it was due in this week or next. The reply was dismissive, it basically said "Hey, I'm good thanks! Nope not started yet! It's due in next week, not next week! See you Friday! X". Meanwhile, the "new guy" had commented on yet ANOTHER post of her's on Facebook and she was being more chatty.

A few people have said that the best option is to just give her the cold shoulder. If she starts being more talkative, then good. If not, the chance has passed and it wasn't meant to be.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Tie her up, put a dildo up her ass, sock in her mouth and [email protected] her until she's unconscious. Worked for me.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, she's got new meat.

ReputationRep:
    This thread has gotten off to a great start.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You offered to pay for her tickets, you seemed nice to her.

Why do you think you have not been attentive enough?

ReputationRep:
    weiner in a bum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been talking to this girl for over 2 months now. I like her, and she's shown signs of interest in me. I've invited her to a few events, even offering to pay for her ticket for a gig she said she wanted to go to but had no money, which she declined. I feel I've been playing it a bit too cool.

Now she's been speaking to this other guy at College the past week or so. Literally everything on Facebook she posts, including posts on the walls of mutual friends, he comments on, and she seems to be enjoying the attention a lot, inviting him to join her and her mates in the canteen even though he didn't have lesson til 1PM.

So I thought maybe I should be more attentive to her, see what happens. This evening I sent her a text asking her how she was, if she'd started her coursework and if it was due in this week or next. The reply was dismissive, it basically said "Hey, I'm good thanks! Nope not started yet! It's due in next week, not next week! See you Friday! X". Meanwhile, the "new guy" had commented on yet ANOTHER post of her's on Facebook and she was being more chatty.

A few people have said that the best option is to just give her the cold shoulder. If she starts being more talkative, then good. If not, the chance has passed and it wasn't meant to be.

Thoughts?

I would agree with them, a girl does like a challenge. don't make it too easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    Lmao. So very true, way too many troll accounts around recently..

ReputationRep:
    So basically, you want to go cold on her that way she'll pay attention to you? That's not how things work all the time. Not everything you think is going to work. If I were you I'd tell her the problem and both of you should talk about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenlouise123)
    I would agree with them, a girl does like a challenge. don't make it too easy
    This. A guy I like, and I know who likes me back is such a **** to me. He's nice to me occasionally though which makes it all worth it

ReputationRep:
    I'd cool off a little to be honest. If she does in fact like this guy, then giving her more attention can just make you look like a tool since she'll just be brushing you off all the time. In the event of her simply being friends with this other guy, she'll talk to you if she wants anything to happen - just don't stop talking to her completely and give her the idea that you don't like her anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I

Thoughts?
    i think you pretty much summed it up in that last sentence, you took too long to make a move, and she's got her eyes on someone new.

unlucky mate

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the text she sent you was that dismissive?
    If she likes this guy more than she likes you, your behavior won't change that. It's easy to think that if you either play it cool or be attentive, you will "win her over", but it's not like it's all about the game you're playing (being 'friendzoned' and all that crap), most of the time it's because personalities don't match.
    First of all, playing it cool does not mean cutting contact, it's more about the attitude you have. Meaning you're a relaxed, confident guy who talks well to women and can carry a conversation without sounding clingy. Of course it sometimes show results to back off a bit, but that is only if the person already is interested in you. That you wait a little bit before replying to a text and all that, but for her to get curious and impatient, she has to be interested first. Otherwise you're only that guy who stopped talking to her for whatever reason, which will just make her spend more time with the other one, who shows interest.

ReputationRep:
    you sound like you've been really sweet so far and she said "see you Friday" sooo ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)

hear hear :holmes:

(Original post by hanaalou)
    you sound like you've been really sweet so far and she said "see you Friday" sooo ...
    Cheers

Anyone from the lesson I have on Friday would have probably said the same to me as a send-off though.

As for whether she likes me or not - I've discussed the little things she's done and said that have made me suspicious with people and a lot have said that she does sound quite interested.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers

Anyone from the lesson I have on Friday would have probably said the same to me as a send-off though.

As for whether she likes me or not - I've discussed the little things she's done and said that have made me suspicious with people and a lot have said that she does sound quite interested.
    hmmm think you should just go for it!ask her to do something this weekend

ReputationRep:
    Make a move. Ask her cos from what the what you've said other guy's been doing it might already be too late.

ReputationRep:
    Ha, this my lifestory! I like a guy, he seems to like me, another girl starts to show interest and then he forgets about me lol.

I say that you should move on and find someone less fickle .

(Original post by tooosh)
    Make a move. Ask her cos from what the what you've said other guy's been doing it might already be too late.
    I think it is.

Never say never and all that, but the current situation is damn bleak.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.