Turn on thread page Beta

I'm passionate about fair... watch

ReputationRep:
    trade, and when I found out that my uni doesn't do anything for Fairtrade fortnight, or have any related societies, I was appalled and set up my own Fairtrade Society.

I got the signatures I needed, attended the meeting with the Society Forum and thankfully they passed the society!!

I have a meeting tomorrow with them to sort out the details. But I sent everyone an email, and noone has replied apart from one of the guys (but he's a friend, so doesn't really count as he's doing it for me).

So basically I'm struggling to think of ideas of making my Fairtrade Society appealing to students and making them give up their time to commit to making a valuable difference in third world countries whilst also having fun at the same time.

Any tips would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    kmt at third world countries
    recipes with fairtrade items in them
    info about what is fairtrade etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebuwa)
    kmt at third world countries
    recipes with fairtrade items in them
    info about what is fairtrade etc.
    Thanks hun What is KMT btw? x

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite passionate about threads that have a dot dot dot in the thread.

WHY?! It just builds a suspense and makes me open the thread. Usually, 90% of the time, it turns out to be something I wouldn't open in the first place.

I demand some sort of QUANGO that regulates thread titles.

ps: Fair trade is good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Behaving)
    Thanks hun What is KMT btw? x
    lol . It means kiss my teeth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneyballs2)
    I'm quite passionate about threads that have a dot dot dot in the thread.

WHY?! It just builds a suspense and makes me open the thread. Usually, 90% of the time, it turns out to be something I wouldn't open in the first place.

I demand some sort of QUANGO that regulates thread titles.

ps: Fair trade is good
    ROFL - I'm sorry, it's just, I needed to get people to open it up and somehow 'Society Attraction Tips' just doesn't cut it as well. Oh, actually, it could do...

Nvm anyway haha You got any ideas? Any at all?! haha x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebuwa)
    lol . It means kiss my teeth
    Lol, I guess that means you don't like the term 'third world', and I have to say I completely agree. How dare the first world claim that they're the first world. Third world simply implies that it's a third rate country and that's just unfair!!

I only used the term as a lot of people tend to understand it and link it to underpriveliged countries.

ReputationRep:
    No more ideas people? :cry2:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.