Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

BOOM, attraction at first sight. Have you experienced it? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rbnphlp)
    damm..take a guess where i saw the girl i was talking abt (a chess gathering!)

I'd never realised just how sexy chess was

ReputationRep:
    hell to the jeh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Lollo*)
    I only experience sudden attraction, it's how I know I should go for someone. I am not one of the girls who become friends with a guy, and then attraction arises out of nowhere. It is either there from the start or it will never be.
    Completely agree with that, however I once saw a guy when the attraction was like 1000 times more intense and I just thought "wow".

Being shy I didn't say/do anything about it at the time but I couldn't stop thinking about him, literally all my thoughts were about him. For days I couldn't sleep, eat, think or anything. Eventually plucked up the courage to talk to him...and found out he was engaged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyunicorn133)
    I had exactly that 'wow' feeling in my first ever lecture at uni as soon as I saw this one guy, it soon developed into a massive crush, (the biggest i've ever had in my life!), became 'friends' with him, proceeded to (ever so slightly) stalk him... 3 or 4 years later we're living together.

My plan worked, muahahaw!
    :shock: That's such a nice story. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kattt_452)
    Really enjoyed reading this

The bit I've highlighted in bold is just because I think I know the exact knowing feeling you mean, and it's strange when it happens.

Do you think, to any extent, the kind of day it was + the upbeat state of mind you were already in before you met her had an impact on how you viewed the girl?
    I don't think it was a case of me only being attracted to her because of the conditions of the day, I would have been attracted to her anyway. I think the conditions of the day put me in the mood to 'go for it' and talk to her/flirt with her. Usually I'm fairly confident with girls but I don't go out of my way to do chat ups, especially if the girl is super-hot. Super-hot girls are usually less open to contact from new guys, because they get guys coming on to them all the time, whenever they have an encounter with a new guy on a train, in a bar etc, it will always be the same ritual, he will make some small talk for the sake of it, leading up to finding out if she has a boyfriend and if he has a chance. Which is why if you start talking to a super hot girl, she will usually drop early into the conversation something about 'her boyfriend' even when its completely irrelevant to the point being discussed. They always seem to be on the slight defensive.

On this day though because I was in such an upbeat state of mind, I just felt as soon as I saw her that hot as she was, she would be actively wanting me to talk to her. What I actually found out later, from her friend (the girl I lived next door to) was that on that day I first met her she was still technically with her boyfriend, they were on the point of splitting up. That's what the girls had been talking about before I came along, how much of a crap boyfriend he was and whether she should split up. So when I met her and we got along well, that made up her mind and she split up with him.

Obviously when we met up again, she now had a lot more serious stuff going on in her mind, she'd split up with her boyfriend, was it the right decision, did she want to jump straight into another relationship, so she was less uinhibitedly flirty because she had stuff on her mind. Maybe I didn't seem as attractive second time round when the spontaneity had gone and I didn't have the same total confidence and feeling that I couldn't fail about me. Also the weather conditions helped, that's probably why there's so many holiday romances in the sun, everyone looks better and feels more flirtatious and she was wearing a little denim skirt showing off her tanned legs. All these factors really came together and meant something which was there on the first day, wasn't there in subsequent encounters.

I'd love to be able to recapture that feeling I had of total confidence that day, I just felt invincible. I've had other good days since but never been up there again, it just came out of nowhere really.

Yeah, a couple of people.
    One being my boyfriend of 2.5 years (saw him at a party 5 years ago and it was instant - I would call it love at first sight).

The second being a good friend I met at uni, which is annoying because I'm still with my boyfriend (who I love and would never cheat on) but I can't help being INCREDIBLY attracted to this guy and there's that 'spark' between us! I'd never take it anywhere though. I think throughout life we'll meet people we're instantly attracted to.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've had that,
    I was at a party with my boyf at the time and saw this guy across the room and felt immediately attracted to him and knew at some point he'd be the person I'd be with.
    Fast forward a few weeks, me and my boyf split up and I went out to a club with my friends to cheer myself up and there he was again, ended up kissing at the end of the night.
    That was three years ago and we're blissfully happy together

(Sorry about the cheesiness )

ReputationRep:
    I found my boyfriend really really attractive when I first met him (I was 14). Don't think it's happened with anyone else in the past.. :/

ReputationRep:
    I thought 'wow!' when I met my current partner over three years ago

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of people are mistaking what the OP is describing as "love at first sight" or "knowing you'll be with them". Things turning into crushes.. I don't know if what I've felt could be harnessed into that!

An instant, primal attraction. The word I'd use is magnetic, where your eyes meet and you KNOW, feeling it in every part of you, that both of you would **** each other senseless given half a chance. Not love, not romance, not beauty, just physicality.

It's happened to me twice.

First time I was doing summer temping in an office a few years ago. My supervisors daughter. (such a cliche I'm almost ashamed. My supervisor was 30-something (young mum) and we got on well but I never found her attractive, but I digress..)
    When I walked in the office, she was standing next to her mum and she introduced us. I could FEEL us eye****ing. I couldn't even stammer out a hello, I nodded slightly and wandered off to the kitchen to put my lunch in the fridge. (I'm so suave)
    We didn't speak at all for 2 days. My mind was melting just being in the same room as her, I was going insane, couldn't think, my productivity must've been entirely shoddy.. We'd glance at each other but that was it.
    The day after, after I'd done my usual morning office chasing up, I got told to work in a room upstairs (it was a converted house) to do a job with her that she was already doing. Going upstairs my heart was racing. I can barely look at her without my brain frying, how are we meant to work together?
    Walked in the room and closed the door softly behind me. She didn't look up from the monitor. Started to think I was some huge, mega, creepy weirdo that'd gone crazy for this girl I didn't know for no reason. Was I one of those obsessive people? Not nice I tell you.
    Started working at an L shape desk. Not facing each other. The wheely/screw thing (tightens it, hard to describe) on the back of my chair glances hers. We both look over our shoulders at each other and linger.. In a split second I think "If I'm wrong and I go for it I'm ****ing insane and fired" and "I've never been more sure of anything" and pull her into me as we about rip each others tongues out. Put my hands straight up her top and she shifts off her chair to straddle me. The door has no lock so I'm ****ting myself when she starts taking her legging things off! I don't know what I was planning but I'm a very shy type, this is insane. Thankfully, we didn't get caught and it was ****ing amazing sex. We were at it anytime we got the chance - can't believe I got paid for it too! Any time I see one of those typical blue office/computer chairs I smile to myself. I think the mum knew though. When I left she didn't say a word to me whereas before we were quite banterous, and everyone else was still friendly. *shrug*

Second time is more recent. I was in Primark of all places! Was a really ****ty, grey, horrible day last year and I was looking for some cheap t-shirts (so I was in the right place, obviously.) Looking at the racks when I get a fairly hefty bump on the arse! I instinctively lean in and turn around to apologise (why am I apologising) when a girl walking by does the same thing. She hadn't been paying attention and was holding some clothes. I got the same feeling in me and could tell she felt the same. There was a problem though. She was with a boyfriend. Definitely a boyfriend. He took the clothes and paid for them. The whole time I could see her glancing at me. I was pretending to be very interested in these cheap clothes. I kept my eye on them through the racks (creepy) and they left into the main shopping centre bit. Could see her gesticulating something and he went away. She came straight back inside and started looking around. I walked out so she could see me then went to a quiet spot. She came straight over, looked at me and basically pushed me on the wall either side of a load of jackets. We made out for about a minute before she sort of .. gathered her breath on my neck, held me so ****ing tight and said she had to go. She about sprinted off back outside. I was torn between thinking "wtf" and "that was hot as ****". With time, I lean towards the latter.

I look forward to any more happenings! Thanks for the reminder op, it's brightened my day!

Let me elaborate: sometimes you'll see someone attractive, and think 'Yeah, they're hot' But twice I've met a guy and from the first moment of looking at him felt something much more intense than your average connection.

Now I don't believe in love at first sight and all that, because I believe love grows; but I also think there might be more to it than just a lustful attraction, because the two people I connected with like this turned out to suit me in a lot more ways than just physically (as opposed to connecting and finding out the only way we were suited was physically).

So how many times have you had that 'WOW' moment upon the first meeting and how did it turn out?

(I'm only referring to it as the wow moment because I don't know what else to call it...)
    No, it's just lust. Pure lust.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    No, it's just lust. Pure lust.
    im inclined to agree with you although i whish it were not the case.... im in 'lust' with this girl in my class but i dont want to just be 'lustfull' with her but merely just be with her...whats that about then??

ReputationRep:
    Let me elaborate: sometimes you'll see someone attractive, and think 'Yeah, they're hot' But twice I've met a guy and from the first moment of looking at him felt something much more intense than your average connection.

Now I don't believe in love at first sight and all that, because I believe love grows; but I also think there might be more to it than just a lustful attraction, because the two people I connected with like this turned out to suit me in a lot more ways than just physically (as opposed to connecting and finding out the only way we were suited was physically).

So how many times have you had that 'WOW' moment upon the first meeting and how did it turn out?

(I'm only referring to it as the wow moment because I don't know what else to call it...)
    Yes, I experienced that about 2 years ago. I think I know exactly what you mean ; I don't believe in love at first sight either, but there was definitely something. The first time I saw him, I thought "WOW. Who is he? I haven't seen him before!" So it was literally a 'WOW' moment for me lol.

What happened is long story... but cut short: lots of flirtation, got wires crossed over something, things got a bit 'quiet' between us, started talking properly a few months later, developed a sort of relationship (I say sort of because we never had a label - we were 'just friends'), problems arised, he turned out to be a *******, I got my heart broken, and things just kind of came to an end in December. I'm still not 100% over what happened He was the first serious 'relationship' I'd ever had with a guy.

But yeah, I always thought that WOW moment was something special and amazing; it's good to know somebody else knows what I mean!

(Original post by clarity-)
    im inclined to agree with you although i whish it were not the case.... im in 'lust' with this girl in my class but i dont want to just be 'lustfull' with her but merely just be with her...whats that about then??
    It's still lust. You're just lustful for her, lusting to be with her, lusting to be with her body, lusting to be near her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    It's still lust. You're just lustful for her, lusting to be with her, lusting to be with her body, lusting to be near her.
    just reading that was well....ehmm

yer i think you ae right :cool:

ReputationRep:

Ive only had it once. 1997. We were married 3 months later and still together now. Love does exist and in the most unexpected places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magsam)
    I think a lot of people are mistaking what the OP is describing as "love at first sight" or "knowing you'll be with them". Things turning into crushes.. I don't know if what I've felt could be harnessed into that!

An instant, primal attraction. The word I'd use is magnetic, where your eyes meet and you KNOW, feeling it in every part of you, that both of you would **** each other senseless given half a chance. Not love, not romance, not beauty, just physicality.

It's happened to me twice.

First time I was doing summer temping in an office a few years ago. My supervisors daughter. (such a cliche I'm almost ashamed. My supervisor was 30-something (young mum) and we got on well but I never found her attractive, but I digress..)
    When I walked in the office, she was standing next to her mum and she introduced us. I could FEEL us eye****ing. I couldn't even stammer out a hello, I nodded slightly and wandered off to the kitchen to put my lunch in the fridge. (I'm so suave)
    We didn't speak at all for 2 days. My mind was melting just being in the same room as her, I was going insane, couldn't think, my productivity must've been entirely shoddy.. We'd glance at each other but that was it.
    The day after, after I'd done my usual morning office chasing up, I got told to work in a room upstairs (it was a converted house) to do a job with her that she was already doing. Going upstairs my heart was racing. I can barely look at her without my brain frying, how are we meant to work together?
    Walked in the room and closed the door softly behind me. She didn't look up from the monitor. Started to think I was some huge, mega, creepy weirdo that'd gone crazy for this girl I didn't know for no reason. Was I one of those obsessive people? Not nice I tell you.
    Started working at an L shape desk. Not facing each other. The wheely/screw thing (tightens it, hard to describe) on the back of my chair glances hers. We both look over our shoulders at each other and linger.. In a split second I think "If I'm wrong and I go for it I'm ****ing insane and fired" and "I've never been more sure of anything" and pull her into me as we about rip each others tongues out. Put my hands straight up her top and she shifts off her chair to straddle me. The door has no lock so I'm ****ting myself when she starts taking her legging things off! I don't know what I was planning but I'm a very shy type, this is insane. Thankfully, we didn't get caught and it was ****ing amazing sex. We were at it anytime we got the chance - can't believe I got paid for it too! Any time I see one of those typical blue office/computer chairs I smile to myself. I think the mum knew though. When I left she didn't say a word to me whereas before we were quite banterous, and everyone else was still friendly. *shrug*

Second time is more recent. I was in Primark of all places! Was a really ****ty, grey, horrible day last year and I was looking for some cheap t-shirts (so I was in the right place, obviously.) Looking at the racks when I get a fairly hefty bump on the arse! I instinctively lean in and turn around to apologise (why am I apologising) when a girl walking by does the same thing. She hadn't been paying attention and was holding some clothes. I got the same feeling in me and could tell she felt the same. There was a problem though. She was with a boyfriend. Definitely a boyfriend. He took the clothes and paid for them. The whole time I could see her glancing at me. I was pretending to be very interested in these cheap clothes. I kept my eye on them through the racks (creepy) and they left into the main shopping centre bit. Could see her gesticulating something and he went away. She came straight back inside and started looking around. I walked out so she could see me then went to a quiet spot. She came straight over, looked at me and basically pushed me on the wall either side of a load of jackets. We made out for about a minute before she sort of .. gathered her breath on my neck, held me so ****ing tight and said she had to go. She about sprinted off back outside. I was torn between thinking "wtf" and "that was hot as ****". With time, I lean towards the latter.

I look forward to any more happenings! Thanks for the reminder op, it's brightened my day!
    Jesus christ, both of those stories are like something you'd read in fiction. Not just once, but twice! :eek:

Very hot by the way...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy_fou)
    Yeah I've had that,
    I was at a party with my boyf at the time and saw this guy across the room and felt immediately attracted to him and knew at some point he'd be the person I'd be with.
    Fast forward a few weeks, me and my boyf split up and I went out to a club with my friends to cheer myself up and there he was again, ended up kissing at the end of the night.
    That was three years ago and we're blissfully happy together

(Sorry about the cheesiness )
    Do you know if your boyfriend felt the same first time he saw you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Lollo*)
    I only experience sudden attraction, it's how I know I should go for someone. I am not one of the girls who become friends with a guy, and then attraction arises out of nowhere. It is either there from the start or it will never be.
    This,I could never date any of my male friends and i can only be friends with people i am not attracted to if that makes sence.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know if your boyfriend felt the same first time he saw you?
    Well he's one of those guys who is very macho and rarely talks about his feelings, but he said he thought I was the most beautiful girl in the room both times he saw me and that the second time he jibbed off his friends to talk to me, which apparently is a massive deal to him

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.