Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i may fail my first year of university, if this happens can i apply to a different university the next year whilst still having the student debt from the previous university? or must i pay off my debt in full first before i reapply to any other university

ReputationRep:
    You can still re-apply with the "debt".

But the year you have received student finance will be taken into account when assessing your support for the new course. But you should still have enough funding to last for a new degree as everyone is entitled to one "false start" (at least four years of funding).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    You can still re-apply with the "debt".

But the year you have received student finance will be taken into account when assessing your support for the new course. But you should still have enough funding to last for a new degree as everyone is entitled to one "false start" (at least four years of funding).
    thanks for the info, but what do you mean by "atleast four years of funding" for a false start?

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.