Turn on thread page Beta

White History Month watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Though about maybe establishing this. Could be a bit of fun, celebrating the achievements of white people throughout history.

I think that it would go well with Black History Month where we get to learn about Saint Mandela.

Or is this in some way racist.

Thoughts.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    How about we just have human history.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who is against 'white history month' is racist.

Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    How about we just have human history.
    I like it. But then we wouldn't have Black History Month, which I am a big fan of.

ReputationRep:
    White people are not allowed to celebrate their history, culture or the contributions by their ancestors. Nor are they allowed to have an identity.

So no.

ReputationRep:
    Black History Month is basically White History Month as well, expect we're the bad guys in the story.

We should have a THOMAS EDISON DID NOT INVENT THE LIGHTBULB month to raise awareness for what I consider to be a very important topic. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    i are fish

ReputationRep:
    You've completely missed the point of Black History Month. Stay ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    This is something which is desperately needed; white people are extremely under-represented in the study of history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellrosk)
    You've completely missed the point of Black History Month. Stay ignorant.
    Enlighten me. Why isn't there an 'Asian History Month' or perhaps 'South American Culture Week?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insoms)
    Anyone who is against 'white history month' is racist.

Discuss.
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I AGGREE with this. Our young ones will need to know the rich history if they are going to combat their young ones in the inevitable desert-like ****hole that Europe will become. It's time to break free! From the PC!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WP88)
    I AGGREE with this. Our young ones will need to know the rich history if they are going to combat their young ones in the inevitable desert-like ****hole that Europe will become. It's time to break free! From the PC!
    ...dude, Stormfront and The Student Room don't even start with the same letters, how did you get them mixed up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillySharp92)
    Enlighten me. Why isn't there an 'Asian History Month' or perhaps 'South American Culture Week?'
    Well Asians (or chinese specifically) have Chinese new year for a few days/weeks every year :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    What do history classes teach predominantly in the other however many months of study lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.H.T)
    Well Asians (or chinese specifically) have Chinese new year for a few days/weeks every year :dontknow:
    Point is, why does one SPECIFIC race have a month dedicated to museums and the such exhibiting their achievements and history?

You could argue that "it's because they're a minority- they need awareness." Yet no other ethnic minority gets such coverage. Why aren't things like this made illegal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillySharp92)
    Because in the western world Black people are the faction which experiences the majority of racism (Though, recently Muslims have had a rough time too). Black history month is there to remind us that black people are capable of just as much as the rest of us and to highlight the battle they had to endure for centuries.

ReputationRep:
    The whole pointof BHM is make people fully recognise and appreciate the contribution of black people throughout history which has been omitted or distorted in most history books. e.g good example is the exclusion of black contribution to the defence of during the 2 World Wars.

ReputationRep:
    i can has straight pride parade?

ReputationRep:
    White people already cover more than 90% of well documented history. It's like setting up straight pride as apposed to a LGBT one, not that I agree with the event as it just segregates them even more.

Why do some people say that they feel as if they can't celebrate their white history? Go ahead, seriously no one is going to care or think you are racist.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.