Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Apologies in advance if this is a bit of a ramble…

So when I left sixth form back in the summer, 3 of us decided to go on holiday sometime during the summer holidays, although tbh I really didn’t like Alex but tolerated him because he was good friends with Kevin who I was good friend with . However nothing really happened throughout the summer, September came and I got a text from Kevin saying and whether I could leave to go in the next few days with the two of them. I thought about it and said no because by the time we got back we’d have around a week before we all went to uni, plus I’d rather spend some time with family and other friends before I went to uni. My friends however didn’t agree with me saying there was loads of time to do that when we got back, but I then told them flatly I wasn’t going. They got pissed off and went on their holiday and I didn’t hear from either of them until 2 days before we all left for uni . So Kevin and I ended up going to the same uni ( he didn’t get into his first choice.) In the end by the first few weeks of uni things seemed to have blown over., but I really didn’t keep in contact with Alex that much as like I said I didn’t like him that much, but Alex and Kevin still remained in close contact

So today I went round to my mates flat just to hang out and I thought I’d read the texts Kevin had sent to Alex just to see what they were talking about. They were both like oooh want to go to some music festival, lets try enter these competitions to win tickets. Kevin said, I guess we should tell Anon (me), he’d probably want to come… (which incidentally I don’t lol). Alex replied, I wouldn’t want to go with Anon to this festival. Kevin replied yeah I don’t want him to come just this once to teach him a lesson from the summer. So I just acted normal for about an hour and left. I don’t really give a **** what Alex thinks tbh, but I was surprised by Kevin, and I was kinda hurt as he is one of my oldest friends, … I mean I don’t want to go to this festival anyway, but it kinda wound me up how immature it all was. Do you think I should just confront him or just let it slip, don’t really want to stoop to their level on this one :\

ReputationRep:
    I say cut him out if your life. Real friends don't act like that.

ReputationRep:
    just let it slip. you're at uni now, you will have already made loads of new friends.
    not saying you shouldn't be friends with kevin anymore, just.. if he wants to be a douche, leave him to it. seemed like it was a very last minute holiday, they can't blame you for not wanting to go at such short notice.

ReputationRep:
    just let it slip. you're at uni now, you will have already made loads of new friends.
    not saying you shouldn't be friends with kevin anymore, just.. if he wants to be a douche, leave him to it. seemed like it was a very last minute holiday, they can't blame you for not wanting to go at such short notice.

I can't really cut him out of my life like that because at the start my flat was very unsociable so I ended up just going out with Kevin's flat and ended up making friends with all of his flatmates and we have way too many mutual friends now :\

I'm also staying in a house with him next year :facepalm2:

I just told him and he just said what were you doing reading my texts, I don't read yours, and it's nothing personal anyway. I got so wound up I didn't bother replying to him. How is it not ****ing personal when you say something like that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.