Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oatcake)
    What are you going to do? Take your carton of orange juice on to the dance floor?
    :facepalm:
    Is that a problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naomiimoan)
    Did you watch the whole thing? Sums up my view on you too
    well i would consider myself a fairly happy individual, so in that respect me and him differ.

But he makes some fair points, and the whole "I don't need to drink to have fun thing " just makes me laugh everytime.

Don't get me wrong, i don't actually drink all that often but i hate when people who don't drink come riding in on their high horse

ReputationRep:
    Is that a problem?
    Not for anyone but yourself. If you wish to have any kind of decent reputation at Uni, yes it's a problem...

I think you're able to tell by this thread that 99% of the people at have had freshers or are starting this year, did drink/will be drinking...

You'll lead a miserable life at University if this is your plan for having 'more fun' than everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicforsanity)
    I purely don't drink because I don't like the taste. Not to do with a bad experience, or wanting to be 'superior'. Just hate the taste and do well without it. Still like going out with friends who drink, just means they know they've got a safe ride at the end of the night.

Some people do it for the wrong reasons, because it's 'scene' or because they think it makes them 'better'... p*sses me off sometimes.

EDIT: reason it p*sses me off is because people associate this 'morally superior' view with me when I first explain that I don't drink.
    I agree btw...and i love your sig

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    And maaaybe I don't like ribena but you don't see me starting threads about that in a futile attempt to convince myself that it makes me have more fun than other people.
    And maaaybe nobody has ever claimed ribena makes the night more fun (therefor nobody has claimed not drinking ribena equals more fun). :rolleyes:
    Whereas people claim this about alcohol. Duh

ReputationRep:
    Funnily enough, I haven't.
    How am I being judgemental? By saying that people who drink forget what happened the night before? Well, from what I've seen, when you get plastered you DO forget what happened the night before.
    Oh, I see, you're one of those fools that thinks 'drinks alcohol' and 'won't go out without getting plastered' are the same thing.

Either way, I also remember asking 'any teetotallers'. If you're not teetotal, why bother wasting your life commenting? I don't understand..
    Bye
    *shrugs*, I have no particular drive to obey your precise instructions.

ReputationRep:
    So it's ok for people to constantly talk about drinking at freshers but condescending to talk about not drinking?
    People on tsr need to lighten up..
    No it's not okay for people to be condescending towards non-drinkers either I'm just saying you shouldn't do it either towards drinkers. Don't stoop to the level of plebs who would mock you for your harmless beliefs.

EDIT: I believe I just misread your post. I thought you meant people would be condescending towards you for not drinking. Don't bother with them if they do. I belief it's the way you worded your post to make it seem like an insult to drinkers which is the problem. Most people that are psyched for freshers won't say "hah look at the fools who won't drink" unless provoked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicfreak2410)
    I agree btw...and i love your sig
    Thanks. Jesse Lacey is God :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like copious amounts of alcohol so i didn't get drunk once at Freshers, i was lucky if i bought more than 2 pints during the whole week!.. It's great and easy to get around... You'll have more money at the end of term.

I still went out as much as possible, i just had a cheap night and not in my overdraft while there are people struggling to buy food because they spent far too much on alcohol!

ReputationRep:
    Are people at uni always judgemental c*nts as the drinkers on this thread? Serious question, it will make or break my decisions.

ReputationRep:
    Holy hell, this thread's an antiquity. "open a 6 pack, get trolleyed, and get laid. it will do you the world of good"? Wow, I feel as though values regarding drinking culture have changed dramatically in a mere 6 years. At least, as a teetotal guy really stressing over how I'll struggle to fit in, I hope they have...

edit: This being said, OP could've stood to phrase his post a tad more diplomatically.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.