Turn on thread page Beta

Would the world be a better place without Islam? watch

• View Poll Results: Would the world be a better place without Islam?
    Yes, it would be better if it had never existed.
    35.11%
    Yes, we should abolish it as a religion now.
    9.33%
    No, Islam is a religion of peace
    39.11%
    No, and anyone who is an enemy of Islam must die.
    4.00%
    Meh
    12.44%

ReputationRep:
    The problem people have with Islam is the fact that unlike most other religions, extremism involves the killing of innocent people. Of course some religions do this as well but not on such a massive scale.

Don't get me started on the muslamic iraqi law rape gangs innit :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenny_Jazz)
    No it really doesn't. Your not really making a very conclusive, or even a very good argument either.
    Are you a Muslim? Is that why you're hiding your face?

ReputationRep:
    The world would be a better place without religion.

I know I'm going to get neg rep for this haha

(Original post by Martyn*)
    The madman is not even a Muslim; no Muslim would have a copy of the Jewish Kabalah in his residence.
    You mean Gaddafi? He is a Jew (via his mother) apparently.

Yeah I think that the world would be better if Islam had a new testament like Juadism and Christianity have done, modernisation is the key :cool: saying it should no longer be a religion is a bit extreme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    The madman is not even a Muslim; no Muslim would have a copy of the Jewish Kabalah in his residence.
    THIS

ReputationRep:
    And BTW, the West shouldn't interfere in others business!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rant)
    And it has revealed that more people would like to see it abolished than not. Interesting.
    Well your poll isn't exactly perfect. Some people would like to see it abolished, along with all other organised religions, so seeing as though the only other viable option on your poll is "Meh" some may have chosen to abolish it when they may not have meant just Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smophy)
    Well your poll isn't exactly perfect. Some people would like to see it abolished, along with all other organised religions, so seeing as though the only other viable option on your poll is "Meh" some may have chosen to abolish it when they may not have meant just Islam.
    The point still stands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rant)
    Are you a Muslim? Is that why you're hiding your face?
    Lol no. Are you being serious or are you just trolling?

ReputationRep:
    What kind of crappy, half-arsed poll is this? There are four 'yes' options, one ambivalent and one 'no' option that makes anyone who clicks it look like a fundamentalist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rant)
    Here is another example of a madman calling for a holy war on the West in the name of Islam. He's calling the Western countries "crusaders" in a presumed attempt to link relief efforts in Libya to the Crusades.

But would it be better for the species if the Crusades had been entirely successful - if Islam had been wiped out entirely, or never existed?

I could cite various examples for and against the idea, but I'll leave that to the kind people of TSR.

Please cite your reasons for/and or against, I'm interested to hear both sides of the argument. Poll will be included.
    Fatwah disclaimer:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't hate Islam, I just want to gauge the public opinion. Please don't behead me.

He might be calling a war on the name of ISLAM, but whats that actually got to do with ISLAM itself as a religion.
    People do not represent a religion, but rather the books and prophets of that religion represent people. Hitler did not represent Christianity while he associated himself with Christianity, but bible represents the religion.
    Most people do not consider him a muslim. Most scholars have made takfeer on him long time ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    What kind of crappy, half-arsed poll is this? There are four 'yes' options, one ambivalent and one 'no' option that makes anyone who clicks it look like a fundamentalist.
    This. Poll fail.

ReputationRep:
    Either abolish one or abolish all.

Nonetheless without religion the world would be of Anarchy(necrophobia is as deep as libidophilia and without religion what is there to conform one of two).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    Just because you dumb atheists want to abolish all religion - that's not what this thread is about. It's about Islam. Play with the cards you're dealt, ffs.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Islam is a religion. Every religion teaches people to do good, it's up to people whether to do it or not.

Just because currently there are so many 'unpleasant' news about people who called themselves as Muslim, it does not necessarily mean the religion itself is bad.

Religion doesn't make the world the better or worse place. It's the people in the world that does. =.=

ReputationRep:
    YES it would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rant)
    The point still stands.
    Your poll implies that people only want Islam abolished when like I said that may not be the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rant)
    Just because you dumb atheists want to abolish all religion - that's not what this thread is about. It's about Islam. Play with the cards you're dealt, ffs.
    Dumb atheists?! So because we don't believe in mystical beings we are the dumb ones :rolleyes:

You have basically just admitted your poll to be deliberately designed to lean towards one answer. Any results from your poll are non-conclusive and therefore pointless.

ReputationRep:
    I think people have to realise that faiths around the world have been portrayed wrongly simply due to in modern times the manipulation of the media to create public anger as well as politicians or dictators such as Gaddaffi who claim in the name of religion. People actually need to look into these religions before taking on board these statements by people who dont actually know what they are talkin about in reality. Such as the crusaders, there is no such thing as crusades in the Bible the very exsistence was made up so that kingdoms who are mainly Christians have influence over valuable lands such as the holy lands in Jerusalem. Religions all teach peace, even Islam, its just countries such as Saudi Arabia go to an extreme length whereby there laws have also been influenced by culture and tradition. So these countries cannot be an example to show the extent of religion on peoples lives, these countries i would personally consider to be bad example which have taken on board other influences in order to control and influence the population. Some nations do incorprate religion, however this is partially done as there are so many other non-religious factors brought on board.

ReputationRep:
    Most religion is simply for faith benefits. Tbh as I've grown up (not even half way there) religion just reveals itself to me as a primitive way of admitting you don't know why something is there or why things happen.
    Its kinda like kids on the school bus.
    Judaism (the rich kid) and Christianty (the virgin) are just the people who heard all the music first before it got big
    Catholic and Protestants are in the same friend group as the above but kick the **** out of each other when they get off the bus
    Islam is that confident kid who wants the back seat of the bus but no one wants him to sit with them coz there's a rumour that he threw a big rock at his girlfriend, but he wouldn't coz he's always wanted to be a doctor.
    Sikhism understands Islam but is just a nice guy and likes everyone, but looks a bit like Hinduism and gets pissed off when you call him Hinduism, so everybody starts arguing
    Buddism is trying to calm everybody's soul with various ficticious methods his grandfather taught him... and Rastafarianism is too stoned to care,
    Haha thats **** but I can't look at religion very seriously.. which is why i think religion should just be abolished, as someday we're going to find the real truth.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.