Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Family/flatmate/housemate food-ban challenge. watch

ReputationRep:
    So I love crisps. I adore crisps. One of the finer things in life. My dad adores ice-lollies. We came up with the idea to see if we can live without either of these things for a week, and if either of us caves in, we owe £20. It sounds easy, but when it's your favourite food, it's a lot harder than it seems.

I challenge you to this challenge, give up your favourite food for a week with someone else and see if you can do it!

ReputationRep:
    I've already given up sweets for Lent

ReputationRep:
    What if you both cave in? You wouldn't owe each other anything. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    What if you both cave in? You wouldn't owe each other anything. :p:
    Maybe it's whoever caves in first? Would be pretty bad of the other one to just cave in after the first one has, though.

ReputationRep:
    Already given up chocolate for lent It's 6 weeks or something mental like that!!
    Can't wait for my easter eggs

ReputationRep:
    Im givin up the smear of houmous and pitta bread, makin me chubbs.

ReputationRep:
    Well, my dad caved in first!

ReputationRep:
    I would do this, but I know my dad far too well and know damn well that he'd cheat :p: When I was a kid he had my mum believing for ages that he'd quit smoking until I blabbed that he was smoking in the car when he took me to swimming lessons. There's no doubt in my mind that he'd just try to do the same thing with me if I were to encourage him to try this; have his beloved crisps in private while he's at work or out fishing or something and try to dispose of the evidence before he gets home.

ReputationRep:
    I gave up chips during the week, indefinitely, which is tough because I love chips. I lost a stone!

ReputationRep:
    Considering that I spent every other week on a pills only nutrition I guess this really isn't a big deal.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.