Turn on thread page Beta

Really hurt this girl I have been flirting with as I have spoken to other girls watch

Announcements

Ok not as serious as it sounds in that sense.

I saw this foreign student girl who is here till summer and have been chatting to her for about 2-3 months,

I found our her exs were abusive and she has talked about how she doesnt believe in love anymore etc.

She seemed to be getting closer to me but I have been chatting and mildly flirting with girls on my other modules(as in just being friendly and complimenting them)

About 10 days ago I was in class and a jealous other guy mentioned to her that I have been chatting to girls on other courses and this made the girl really upset and she said she didnt want to speak to me.

Since then she has avoided me and today I said hi to her and started speaking to her but she straight away told me I really hurt her! and though she started speaking to me she was quite distant.

I dont know how to approach this situation

ReputationRep:
    apologize, tell her you didn't think she considered you in that way. If she denies it then ask why she's upset. blah blah blah.

ReputationRep:
    The other guy deserves a smack in the face, if this were true, this sounds trollish to me

(Original post by the_down10)
    The other guy deserves a smack in the face, if this were true, this sounds trollish to me
    Nope not trollish, I have been single for a long time so I liked the female attention but wasnt sure my options with girls so was a bit flirty just in case I had a chance with girls.

I do really like this girl though so I am a bit upset.

ReputationRep:
    she seems a bit sensitive tbh, it's just flirting.

ReputationRep:
    I'm like her. :sad: Sad to say, we can't help getting jealous. You may think we're not jealous but deep inside our heart it's bothering us like crazy. Maybe you should talk to her about this.

ReputationRep:
    I really don’t see what her problem is.
    If you haven’t hung or been out on a date; flirting and general flitting about is permitted.
    Ask her what’s going on and if she doesn’t fess up I say cut your losses and run.

ReputationRep:
    That is quite a ridiculous reaction on her part, although she might have made the situation bigger in her head, especially given her past.

1) Take revenge on the guy.
    2) Reconsider if you would want to go out with someone who reacts in such an intense way to pretty normal behavior. Also, you said that she is leaving in a couple of months, do you want to do the long distance thing should something evolve? She seems to be the type of person who would want a very serious relationship and you can avoid both of you getting hurt in a couple of months time. If yes, you do not think she is sliiiightly frigid:

3) Talk to her. Tell her that you really, genuinely like her, and that you weren't sure if she felt the same. Tell her that the other girls were just class mates of you, you had to work with, and that you are not interested in them at all; and that you do not get where that rumour came from. Tell her about your own insecurities (she sound like the type of girl who might actually appreciate that, since she is so overly sensitive herself). Say that you don't mean to pressure her and ask her if she is ready to hang out sometime? I would take the jump and ask her out next time you have a longer conversation.

ReputationRep:
    3 comes after 2 love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milesofsea)
    3 comes after 2 love
    Just like Saturday comes after Friday, Sherlock? I hope you get your self-validation
    from calling people out on obvious typos on a public forum. I hope that something else can fill that gap for you in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TupeloHoney)
    Just like Saturday comes after Friday, Sherlock? I hope you get your self-validation
    from calling people out on obvious typos on a public forum. I hope that something else can fill that gap for you in the future.
    wow you seriously need to relax

FUNFUNFUNFUN

ReputationRep:
    drama!

ReputationRep:
    Common, you spoke to and did a little bit of flirting...it's hardly the end of the world! This girl seems very insecure (I guess this would be the case from previous abusive relationships). Tell her that you are naturally sociable and tactile and that you won't stop talking to other girls.

You like her but she has to realise that you are a friendly person and that it doesn't change how you feel towards her (if you do feel that way...which I guess you do as you wouldn't be feeling this guilty other wise)

Good luck but you did nothing wrong

ReputationRep:
    Eplain it to her. If she's still being ridiculous, forget about her. She's going back home for the summer anyway.

Saw her again and she says she "hasnt forgiven me yet" was going ok till the guy came back and attempted stirring things again and basically mentioning that why wasnt I speaking to one of the other girls.

I made a thread about that last week so not sure to go through it again, but he seems to be really jealous of the attention she gives me so wants to ruin things for me.

I think hes the same guy who was in our group a few weeks ago for a while before she told him to get lost as he was getting on her nerves.

He seems to think that if he gets me out of the way he will get into her knickers.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.