Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have to draw a graph to compare the predation of two species over time..

This is the data I have:
    Asterionella: (no. colonies ml-1)
    Control = 12400
    6hr = 5100
    12hr = 7600

Chlamydomonas: (no. cells ml-1)
    Control = 50200
    6hr = 33400
    12hr = 7500

I have no idea which sort of graph is best to use as one is for colony count and one is for cells and I'm getting myself all in a muddle

I initially did in in a bar chart form with a bar for each species next to each other with the time along the x-axis - is this the right format to use!? I just struggle with choosing the right sort of graph initally so any help in appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemsitrynightmare)
    I have to draw a graph to compare the predation of two species over time..

This is the data I have:
    Asterionella: (no. colonies ml-1)
    Control = 12400
    6hr = 5100
    12hr = 7600

Chlamydomonas: (no. cells ml-1)
    Control = 50200
    6hr = 33400
    12hr = 7500

I have no idea which sort of graph is best to use as one is for colony count and one is for cells and I'm getting myself all in a muddle

I initially did in in a bar chart form with a bar for each species next to each other with the time along the x-axis - is this the right format to use!? I just struggle with choosing the right sort of graph initally so any help in appreciated.
    Are you only given 3 sets of data for each species? If so then yeah, I think that a bar chart should do the job nicely.
    I would do, both controls together, and then 6hr, and 12hr - that would show a good comparison. Just make sure you use different colours (one for Asterionella and a different one for Chlamydomonas).
    Also don't forget the usual things like units, labelling of axis and a title

ReputationRep:
    To draw a time graph a line graph would tell you the expected growth. X-axis would be time line and y would be count. Bar graph is only used to compare the difference at a point in time and not a trend.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.