Turn on thread page Beta

Going on Holiday Alone!?! watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing exactly the same. The plan at the moment is Ibiza in May (I've been there before, so it doesn't seem as scary as somewhere new). I've found some cheap single rooms on hostelbookers.com and hostelworld.com, and a cheap flight from Easyjet.

My reasoning is that I'd rather be in Ibiza on my own than be stuck at home instead. And I'm much more into sunbathing and sightseeing than clubbing and drinking, so it's not like I'll need anyone with me to enjoy myself. I'll just spend the whole time sitting by the pool, reading and wandering around Ibiza. Perfect.

So I think you should go for it! You'll regret it if you don't. And if you happen to be going to Ibiza, let me know and we could always meet up out there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    Going on holiday on your own is fun! I've been on my own four times, now. Its terrific!

Still, if you're sure about not going on your own, find some people with similar holiday ideals like you? Maybe within a society or something?

Or, if you do go on your own, you'll certainly meet people there.
    where did you go to on those four times?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloomblaze)
    where did you go to on those four times?
    Whistler, Morzine, Leogang and then Whistler again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    Whistler, Morzine, Leogang and then Whistler again.
    what did you get up to? Wasnt it very lonely being alone??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloomblaze)
    what did you get up to? Wasnt it very lonely being alone??
    An awful, awful lot of biking. :yep: They are all big biking resorts through Spring, Summer and Autumn, and I spent a month in Morzine and Leogang and two weeks in Whistler each time (obviously being a lot more expensive).

It wasn't lonely at all. There were hundreds there who were there for biking too. I met people almost immediately upon getting to my room in the hotel. I got talking to two guys and we went out riding that day as they'd just got there too.

Its all good.

ReputationRep:
    you can never be alone in this world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl Overboard)
    I'm doing exactly the same. The plan at the moment is Ibiza in May (I've been there before, so it doesn't seem as scary as somewhere new). I've found some cheap single rooms on hostelbookers.com and hostelworld.com, and a cheap flight from Easyjet.

My reasoning is that I'd rather be in Ibiza on my own than be stuck at home instead. And I'm much more into sunbathing and sightseeing than clubbing and drinking, so it's not like I'll need anyone with me to enjoy myself. I'll just spend the whole time sitting by the pool, reading and wandering around Ibiza. Perfect.

So I think you should go for it! You'll regret it if you don't. And if you happen to be going to Ibiza, let me know and we could always meet up out there
    Omg, that sounds fab. I want to do that- take me with you! haha. I've always wanted to go to ibiza but never thought it'd be good to go alone! I'm okay with clubbing but given a choice, i'd probably love the sight seeing. I'm off from 14th april to 2nd may then got exams and probably finish uni by mid may then i'm defo off somewhere! if you were around 15th april, i'd probably go....man, i want to set up a group now, with people who want to travel but are somewhat not sure travelling alone!! we cud all go together Yey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harvie_316)
    you can never be alone in this world
    I always believe in that to cheer up, but that is currently my present!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.