Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Tories: Once a party of bigots, always a party of bigots Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Teveth,
    hahahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)

Labour; once a party of murderous lapdogs, always a party of murderous lapdogs.
    Pot calling kettle black though - Cameron was right when he described himself as the heir to Blair...

ReputationRep:
    A black doll? The racist bigots!
    Don't they know only white dolls are allowed?

ReputationRep:
    Coming from the party that once announced "BRITISH JOBS FOR BRITISH WORKERS"?

ReputationRep:
    Wooooo Tory bashing

ReputationRep:
    Glad to see these bigots got what was coming.

They'll be at home in UKIP.

ReputationRep:
    It's a toy, how is it offensive?

Unlike you Teveth, I just don't see the resemblance between a golliwogg and a black person. You might, but I don't. Let's also get something clear: Golliwoggs are a character from a book!

ReputationRep:
    Food for thought.

Here is the definition of bigot: A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs

Under that definition Teveth, you are a bigot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    It's a toy, how is it offensive?

Unlike you Teveth, I just don't see the resemblance between a golliwogg and a black person. You might, but I don't. Let's also get something clear: Golliwoggs are a character from a book!
    It is a toy which was intended to racistly caricature the typical facial features of black people. It is seen as a relic from as time when racism against blacks was prevalent, blatent and had mainstream acceptance. The fact that the racial slur wog, derives from the name of the toy tells you all you need to know about how the toy can be seen as offensive.

ReputationRep:
    This message is hidden because Teveth is on your ignore list. :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyBoy123)
    Hang on, let me get this right. Based on the actions of two individuals, you are generalising an entire party (and by extension their supporters) as small minded bigots?

Irony is a *****.

This x10000000

ReputationRep:
    I used to love golliwogs when I was little. Gutted when they were banned
    I never realised they were supposed to be racist, I thought they were just rag dolls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
    It is a toy which was intended to racistly caricature the typical facial features of black people. It is seen as a relic from as time when racism against blacks was prevalent, blatent and had mainstream acceptance. The fact that the racial slur wog, derives from the name of the toy tells you all you need to know about how the toy can be seen as offensive.
    No it's not. It's a toy that is representative of a character from books written by Florence Upton.

To be honest, if you think that being called a golliwogg is offensive, I must ask, what are you dressing like? I haven't ever seen a black person that looks like a golliwogg.

There is nothing offensive about a rag doll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)

Labour; once a party of murderous lapdogs, always a party of murderous lapdogs.

Yeah, cos thatcher was a real pacifist wasnt she :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    Tory husband and wife who posed with golliwogs on Facebook forced out of Conservative party

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ervatives.html

Disgusting. The sad thing is, this is exactly the kind of attitude you will find right the way through the Tory Party, from top to bottom. It is essentially a party of small minded bigots; always has been, and always will be. The fact that the pair are unable to see what they did was wrong says it all.
    I can't stand the Tories. Absolutely vile creatures.
    However, as a child I did once have a Golliwog. They're just so cute!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)
    I can't stand the Tories. Absolutely vile creatures.
    However, as a child I did once have a Golliwog. They're just so cute!
    So you are admitting you are, in fact, a bigot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    So you are admitting you are, in fact, a bigot?
    No, silliness. I'm saying that despite disliking Tories, I know it is ridiculous that they were suspended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    Yeah, cos thatcher was a real pacifist wasnt she :/
    Theres wars worth fighting for, and then there are illegal wars run by self interested egotists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will Lucky)
    Theres wars worth fighting for, and then there are illegal wars run by self interested egotists.
    The falklands... really, what were we fighting for there. Iraq, however it came about was the correct decision if made for slightly dodgy reasons though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)
    No, silliness. I'm saying that despite disliking Tories, I know it is ridiculous that they were suspended.
    There you go - you are being intolerant towards a group. You are generalising and being bigoted

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.