Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The other day I got fined for the most stupid thing. Nothing bad until the guy made it into such a big deal.

I've sent off an appeal letter pleasing for my innocence. But what if they decline it?

How to I pay it? Because it's only £20, but I'm just so paranoid that I'm even in this situation!

:mad::mad::mad:

ReputationRep:
    What was the fine for? The penalty notice or similar should explain how to pay.

ReputationRep:
    Basically I was using the train service with an 'invalid ticket' - basically a ticket thats usable on mondays to fridays to 8pm, and it was thursday at 8:15pm when I got caught! Due to delayed train!

I had no time to plead my innocence! Thinking about it now just winds me up to be honest. complete and utter deal made out of **** all. I'd have loved to have payed the fine if it meant that I could knock the guy out who fined me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VivaLatzy)
    Basically I was using the train service with an 'invalid ticket' - basically a ticket thats usable on mondays to fridays to 8pm, and it was thursday at 8:15pm when I got caught! Due to delayed train!

I had no time to plead my innocence! Thinking about it now just winds me up to be honest. complete and utter deal made out of **** all. I'd have loved to have payed the fine if it meant that I could knock the guy out who fined me.
    The appeals are done by a different company who are usually fairly reasonable. If you say that you were only travelling beyond the time your ticket was valid because your train had been delayed then they will probably revoke the fine.

I don't think you can be fined when it is their fault that you were still on a train at that point. What time was the train you caught due to arrive?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.