Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

'I don't like the taste of alcohol' watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Take a shot of pure ethanol and then tell me it's tasteless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pina.Love)
    I know ethanol has not got a real taste I am asking you if you have heard of it because you seem to believe that alcohol is not an ingredient which made me jump to the conclusion that you are an idiot and have never heard of ethanol as it has been stated as an ingredient in many products.
    Exactly, ethanol is an ingredient. Not alcohol.

I'm sorry i didn't explain myself fully.

Alcohol can be a number of different compounds, thus to say 'alcohol is an ingredient of every alcoholic drink' would be wrong, because of the fact alcohol can be any things, i was merely saying that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pina.Love)
    no...you have the brain of an asswipe...probably because you have consumed too much alcohol in your life.
    I probably do drink to much, putting me in a much better position to say then you.

And I understand what you mean, there is a distinct alcoholey taste that all alcoholic drinks have to some degree. But that doesn't mean they all basically taste the same, the difference between a bitter and a stout or pilsner to me is huge, much larger than the differance between sprite and coke, because beer actually has complexity to it. Spirits taste similar to a degree because they have much higher alcohol contents, the differance is still huge though.

Even the most sober of plebians can't surely say, for example, that whisky tastes like white wine because they both have alcohol, anymore than fish & chips tastes like Knödel becasue they both have potatoes in them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomm)
    Take a shot of pure ethanol and then tell me it's tasteless.
    Do you understand the comparibility between smell and taste?
    Like if you hold your nose while eating, you won't 'taste' it nearly as much, or even at all? Like i said.. it is tasteless, but the smell is recognisable.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a cider drinker

ReputationRep:
    Also, OP, you miss 0% of the shots that you don't take. You haven't taken them, so you can't miss them.

But I digress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    If you say this, your an idiot.
    You're*
    Have you tried every single alcoholic beverage on sale?
    yes.

Pillock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)

yes.

Pillock.
    Yes*
    Capital letters please.

ReputationRep:
    Yes*
    Capital letters please.
    Wasn't a sentence

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't a sentence
    Doesn't need to be
    Capitalization - first (and only, if need be) word has it's first letter written in upper-case.

ReputationRep:
    I have never liked the taste of alcohol either. I have only ever got drunk once in my life and hated the experience. Since then I have vowed never to touch alcohol again. I think you are really sensible not drinking alcohol. If I had my way I would do a complete blanket ban on all alcohol! All it does is cause death, serious injury, unwanted pregnancies and a lot of heartache! Well done to you!!

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't need to be
    Capitalization - first (and only, if need be) word has it's first letter written in upper-case.
    Capitalisation. THIS IS NOT AMERICA.

ReputationRep:
    OP have you ever tasted FRULI!?

I challenge you to NOT like the taste!

It's amazing! Pure strawberry! MMMMM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yogi_bear_2k2)
    I have never liked the taste of alcohol either. I have only ever got drunk once in my life and hated the experience. Since then I have vowed never to touch alcohol again. I think you are really sensible not drinking alcohol. If I had my way I would do a complete blanket ban on all alcohol! All it does is cause death, serious injury, unwanted pregnancies and a lot of heartache! Well done to you!!
    Damn, remind me to NEVER get high with you! lol

I had a housemate like you, we renamed him Buzz Killington. lmao

ReputationRep:
    Capitalisation. THIS IS NOT AMERICA.
    While, yes, American does tend to use -ize on such words, we brits do use both -ise and -ize, deal with it

ReputationRep:
    While, yes, American does tend to use -ize on such words, we brits do use both -ise and -ize, deal with it
    I could keep this up all night.

ReputationRep:
    a) well maybe they have tried all non mixed (ie not with coke etc) drinks and not like the taste. And mixed drinks it is the mixer you really taste. In that case they honestly don't like the taste of alcohol.

b) Maybe they don't drink because they don't see the point. Saying you don't like the taste is more polite than telling the (presumably drinking) person asking you why you don't drink that you think drinking (which they are doing at that exact moment) is pointless.

And I've had the experience of having a rather ensistent drunk person keep asking me why i'm not drinking. (I don't drink that often but i do drink a little sometimes) In that case the reason why i wasn't drinking was because i had just come dowstairs to tell my housemates friends to shut up because it was almost 5am.

ReputationRep:
    So your saying you can taste the bare minimal, small atom ingredients that is alcohol (or ethonol, whatever it is) , because.. i don't think you can.
    yo tommy... pina.Love just ****ed you.. i suggest you shut the **** up.

ReputationRep:
    I can't deal with it, ok? I just can't.

ReputationRep:
    I could keep this up all night.
    I'm sure you could you cute amazing grammar nazi you.
    But unfortunately, alas, i type too fast and do not check what i write, thus your obvious failed attempts bear no meaning on me

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.