Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Dubstep needs to die. Right now. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC9dyZOMw2M

INSERT PICCARD WTF IMAGE!!!11

I mean seriously? When people complained about hip hop sampling at least it was just a sample...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXVx5...eature=related

Without this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uLqfQ-Zfe0 an original and superb piece of music, the travesty above would be nothing more than an unproduced drum beat.

And back to that bull**** remix of Noisia.. I dont even know where to start... I tolerated Mt Eden remixing Burial.. I tolerated Britney jumping on the bandwagon but Ive had enough.. Im fed up of seeing a genre i love being **** on by talentless mongs jumping on the bandwagon for a quick buck because thats all it is. If any of these morons listened to drum and bass (I know Doctor P did because he failed making dnb as Picto just like he fails at making dubstep) around the early millenium and even up till now they would know how every single generic wobbler has been thrown away like the disposable garbage that it was never to be played again except to embarrass the producer or simply as a lesson on how dead end quick fame music can kill genres although luckily it is picking up again. I cannot wait for this to happen to dubstep except judging by the quality of some of the complete shyte people think is good (like this mug who just remixes chart tunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kv3BkWnhIchmm bet thats definitely not to get loads of views :rolleyes:) They wont even get dusty! The two reasons being A) they are not worthy of dust and B) They are not worthy to be on a proper musical format and will all stay digital because if they got a proper release on beatport or junodownload or some other music killer that strips every genre of quality control meaning any old matey can get a tune 'released' only thier nan would buy it out of sympathy.

I dont care if Mt Eden remixing Burial has made him more popular, i dont care if UKF has made dubstep big, stop trying to justify this bull**** using a pseudo promotional facade seeing as most people who listen to it are philistines just sucking another subculture dry until the next big thing crops up leaving all us proper fans to piece together our musical passion like farmers after a mosquito plague.

And one more thing, music is so much more than a few numbers on youtube. Go out to a dubstep night to see whats being played, you would be lucky to hear half of what UKF or any other quick buck channel like it claim is popular by spamming their crap all over the internet like a monkey throwing **** in your face.

/rant.

Expecting negs and 'people like what they like leave Britney alone' comments from neutral bystanders who have no connection to anything i just said.

ReputationRep:
    Why on Earth are you still listening to UKF? :facepalm2:

Also, Dubstep died before it even got popular in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    This would suggest otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Mainstream dubstep is usually some of the 'worst'some times.

Look at the fairly less known stuff and you'll find lot's of good example.

Unless, ofcourse, your one of those people who doesn't like one type of music thus thinks it's terrible and their opinion is correct.

ReputationRep:
    I stumbled onto one of those and the other came into my fb feed and i was outraged.. im not subscribed and that was the first time i think ive ever clicked on ukf lol

It needs to die and be reborn like dnb has been, like garage was with bassline or trance was with er.. psytrance.. im quite tolerant of music i dont like and usually i just push peoples buttons when i talk about it but this time ive had enough and i know im not alone.

ReputationRep:
    90% of dubstep is absolute rubbish.

That other 10% though, is absolute bliss.... look deeper

Peace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    This would suggest otherwise.

FUUUCK!!!

How did I miss this! Thanks a lot for that.... not going to sleep now.

P.S. Burial owes me a third album.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I like dubstep. Stick to your own genre and stop complaining, sheesh

ReputationRep:
    The first song sounds like something that would be played on a ghost train or some other 'scary' ride, but dubstep style haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    90% of dubstep is absolute rubbish.

That other 10% though, is absolute bliss.... look deeper

Peace
    I agree.

And because you have to look deeper, as i and other people do. I was wondering if you have any suggestions as to some of your favourites? I surf youtube a lot looking to fall in love with something new but it rarely happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    I agree.

And because you have to look deeper, as i and other people do. I was wondering if you have any suggestions as to some of your favourites? I surf youtube a lot looking to fall in love with something new but it rarely happens
    Boxcutter
    James Blake
    Gaslamp Killer
    Mount Kimbie
    Kode9
    TRG
    Plastician

BURIAL!!! (some might argue he's not strictly dubstep)

^ My favourties

ReputationRep:
    FUUUCK!!!

How did I miss this! Thanks a lot for that.... not going to sleep now.

P.S. Burial owes me a third album.
    Yeah check out 'ego' aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Boxcutter
    James Blake
    Gaslamp Killer
    Mount Kimbie
    Kode9
    TRG
    Plastician

BURIAL!!! (some might argue he's not strictly dubstep)

^ My favourties
    Cool,cheers for that, know half of them but i am in no doubt in for a late night now looking at the rest :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I feel for a collaboration of thom yorke, burial and four tet, that release is really not as amazing as it could be :<

ReputationRep:
    I'll easily sacrafice dubstep, as long as you take Pop + RnB music with it!

ReputationRep:
    OH HEY GUYZ CHEK MY REMIXX:

WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPBEEEEEPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMP YEH SICK BOIII

Let's kill it with fire

ReputationRep:
    Dubstep is my life. Not all that "filthier than ur mom"-crap though, but the real deep tunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0RfgSMfg6Q

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    And one more thing, music is so much more than a few numbers on youtube. Go out to a dubstep night to see whats being played, you would be lucky to hear half of what UKF or any other quick buck channel like it claim is popular by spamming their crap all over the internet like a monkey throwing **** in your face.
    As much as I agree with some of your points, this is the main thing. If you go to a proper dubstep night you're not gonna hear many/any crap Youtube type remixes of pop songs or anything like that, so why does it matter? Just stay away from the UKF channel, ignore links to "dubstep" songs on your Facebook wall or whatever from people who know nothing about it, and you can rest easy, stick with enjoying Digital Mystikz or Kryptic Minds or whoever and going to decent club nights without having bandwagon jumping scene idiots affect your life.

ReputationRep:
    what do u guys think of my remix of chase and status' tune....time

http://soundcloud.com/audio-addict-1...t-delilah-time

p.s. I Love Dubstep....you will always get **** tunes in every genre, as human beings are producing the tunes not 100% human brain pleasing robots lol...PEACE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeniedExistence)
    As much as I agree with some of your points, this is the main thing. If you go to a proper dubstep night you're not gonna hear many/any crap Youtube type remixes of pop songs or anything like that, so why does it matter? Just stay away from the UKF channel, ignore links to "dubstep" songs on your Facebook wall or whatever from people who know nothing about it, and you can rest easy, stick with enjoying Digital Mystikz or Kryptic Minds or whoever and going to decent club nights without having bandwagon jumping scene idiots affect your life.
    I had a few too many when i wrote that, i boiled over haha!

On a positive note im going to see Appleblim and Phaeleh in Bristol friday

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.