Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dubstep needs to die. Right now. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    I had a few too many when i wrote that, i boiled over haha!

On a positive note im going to see Appleblim and Phaeleh in Bristol friday
    Phaeleh is in Bristol on Friday? Where!?

Also, not enough people know about Scuba. Absolutely quality album he has done. Up there with Burial's stuff. Obviously very different, with very different themes but fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Phaeleh is in Bristol on Friday? Where!?

Also, not enough people know about Scuba. Absolutely quality album he has done. Up there with Burial's stuff. Obviously very different, with very different themes but fantastic.
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=195314770496111

Timbuk2 on Small Street

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC9dyZOMw2M

INSERT PICCARD WTF IMAGE!!!11

I mean seriously? When people complained about hip hop sampling at least it was just a sample...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXVx5...eature=related

Without this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uLqfQ-Zfe0 an original and superb piece of music, the travesty above would be nothing more than an unproduced drum beat.

And back to that bull**** remix of Noisia.. I dont even know where to start... I tolerated Mt Eden remixing Burial.. I tolerated Britney jumping on the bandwagon but Ive had enough.. Im fed up of seeing a genre i love being **** on by talentless mongs jumping on the bandwagon for a quick buck because thats all it is. If any of these morons listened to drum and bass (I know Doctor P did because he failed making dnb as Picto just like he fails at making dubstep) around the early millenium and even up till now they would know how every single generic wobbler has been thrown away like the disposable garbage that it was never to be played again except to embarrass the producer or simply as a lesson on how dead end quick fame music can kill genres although luckily it is picking up again. I cannot wait for this to happen to dubstep except judging by the quality of some of the complete shyte people think is good (like this mug who just remixes chart tunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kv3BkWnhIchmm bet thats definitely not to get loads of views :rolleyes:) They wont even get dusty! The two reasons being A) they are not worthy of dust and B) They are not worthy to be on a proper musical format and will all stay digital because if they got a proper release on beatport or junodownload or some other music killer that strips every genre of quality control meaning any old matey can get a tune 'released' only thier nan would buy it out of sympathy.

I dont care if Mt Eden remixing Burial has made him more popular, i dont care if UKF has made dubstep big, stop trying to justify this bull**** using a pseudo promotional facade seeing as most people who listen to it are philistines just sucking another subculture dry until the next big thing crops up leaving all us proper fans to piece together our musical passion like farmers after a mosquito plague.

And one more thing, music is so much more than a few numbers on youtube. Go out to a dubstep night to see whats being played, you would be lucky to hear half of what UKF or any other quick buck channel like it claim is popular by spamming their crap all over the internet like a monkey throwing **** in your face.

/rant.

Expecting negs and 'people like what they like leave Britney alone' comments from neutral bystanders who have no connection to anything i just said.
    Or...just don't listen to dubstep.

ReputationRep:
    Wah wah wah
    What the **** are you on about? If you're really into the 'scene' like you say you are, you're even worse than all the UKF Fanboys. 'Dubstep needs to die' because of a bit of brostep?

So many quality artists are making serious music right now, you wouldn't even be able to comprehend. Seriously, do one and listen to some Kromestar, Jakes, DMZ, Girl Unit, Distance, Tunnidge, Loefah, Scuba, Cyrus, Lost, Benton, Magenta, Coki, the list is endless.

People like you make me laugh so much :lol:

ReputationRep:
    How did i not hear about that!? And bargain, Timbuk2 is usually £5/£6 for standard local DJs. Definitely going to this!

ReputationRep:
    How did i not hear about that!? And bargain, Timbuk2 is usually £5/£6 for standard local DJs. Definitely going to this!
    And Komonazmuk, wish i could get to Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    When i saw another quote i thought it was going to be a 'omgz ppl lyke wat dey lyke leave em alone' which was going to lead onto me explaining my drunk but valid outburst and retiring from this debate but i see i cant do that yet..

(Original post by Marshyy)
    What the **** are you on about? If you're really into the 'scene' like you say you are, you're even worse than all the UKF Fanboys.
    What the **** am i on about? I was ranting about how much i hate generic wobble remixes of amazing tunes which is a pretty big issue in the 'scene' you claim to know so much about as well. If you went to the last DMZ and heard Skream and Bengas set then you would of heard some UKF fanboy dubstep although luckily it cleared the floor leaving a few kids on mephedrone head to toe in neon 'SKANKING TO THIS DIRTY FILTH BEAT BRO' which was an embarrassment.

In summary I stumbled upon that ****ing awful Contact remix and I felt the need to express myself. Seeing as you take everything literally i thought i would explain myself.

'Dubstep needs to die' because of a bit of brostep?
    Did say i had a few too many when i wrote it although A) most people dont read threads past the first 3 pots and B) an incoherent outburst at 2am is usually a sign..regardless it advertised my rant well

So many quality artists are making serious music right now, you wouldn't even be able to comprehend.
    Nope, dont think i would be able to comprehend all the podcasts im subscribed to, all the nights i go to and all the tunes i have on vinyl.

I used to listen to Mary Ann Hobbs experimental show most weeks as well so have i passed your scene comprehension test?

Seriously, do one and listen to some Kromestar, Jakes, DMZ, Girl Unit, Distance, Tunnidge, Loefah, Scuba, Cyrus, Lost, Benton, Magenta, Coki, the list is endless.

People like you make me laugh so much :lol:
    People like you make me cry so much, despite the fact my rant was incoherent, messy and blunt in places I would assume most people could get a few points out of it, the biggest one being there is no quality control.. any old prick with fruity loops can **** all over a well produced piece of music. Regardless of how many people listen to it on internet or even if it gets a play in a club it is embarrassing and if you were passionate about the music you would be one of those leaving at DMZ rather than taking a huge bandwagon **** up your backside. Its easy to take the high ground on the internet but when you go out (i live in Croydon and go to a lot of nights) its not so easy to shrug it off.

Nothing is sacred.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ3TCBDEwJk LOL

Just found this in the wall comments

ReputationRep:
    Think we've got our wires crossed, we're in the same sort of boat just saying stuff like 'Dubstep needs to die' is a bit over the top. **** all the ****, listen to the side you like and ignore everything else. And yeah Skream and Bengas set was rediculous, i'm still pretty certain the VIP of Raw Dogz is a joke. I produce under the name Percept and trust me the last thing i feel like doing is a wobblefest remix!

http://soundcloud.com/percept

ReputationRep:
    Think we've got our wires crossed, we're in the same sort of boat just saying stuff like 'Dubstep needs to die' is a bit over the top. **** all the ****, listen to the side you like and ignore everything else. And yeah Skream and Bengas set was rediculous, i'm still pretty certain the VIP of Raw Dogz is a joke. I produce under the name Percept and trust me the last thing i feel like doing is a wobblefest remix!

http://soundcloud.com/percept
    Indeed I thought the VIP was a bait remix by someone off Circus Records! Saying anything needs to end is always ott and it doesn't really relate to my point seeing as your right, there is still a lot of quality and like dnb, it will pick up because it has a decent fan base.

Love the synth on Intima by the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Cool,cheers for that, know half of them but i am in no doubt in for a late night now looking at the rest :rolleyes:
    Just dicovered this dude today!

Me likey.

ReputationRep:
    I heard Phaeleh has pulled out due to hearing problems... a shame but still will be a good night! Hope hes not going the way of Frankie Wilde

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vindobona)
    Dubstep is my life. Not all that "filthier than ur mom"-crap though, but the real deep tunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0RfgSMfg6Q
    wow

ReputationRep:
    The reason why i ****ing love threads like this, is because all the proper dubstep heads end up talking about decent music.

Heard Girl Unit - Wut again tonight, still the track of the past year for me. Absolute stomper.

ReputationRep:
    This says otherwise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hLduV1p88

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    Just dicovered this dude today!

Me likey.
    Heard that before, i like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmericanPsycho)
    OH HEY GUYZ CHEK MY REMIXX:

WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPBEEEEEPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP WOMPWOMP YEH SICK BOIII

Let's kill it with fire
    I raise you MY remix

WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRR WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP PEW PEW WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP

ReputationRep:
    The reason why i ****ing love threads like this, is because all the proper dubstep heads end up talking about decent music.

Heard Girl Unit - Wut again tonight, still the track of the past year for me. Absolute stomper.
    WUT WUT WUTTTTT

Such a fantastic tune

ReputationRep:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.