Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can everybody recommend some rock'n roll music for me? watch

ReputationRep:
    Dear all
    I' m enjoy music so much especially rock'n roll.
    But I do not very understand this space.
    Can everybody recommand some music to me?

ReputationRep:
    Elvis Presley?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to bother unless you're more specific.... there's thousands of artists that come under "rock and roll."

ReputationRep:
    Surely it'd be easier to conduct a Google search :shrug:

Anyway. I can recommend if you're specific about it!

ReputationRep:
    For something that is going to appeal to instaly your going to want to listen to bands such as rolling stones, the beatles, ac/dc, thin lizzy and the who.

Then if you like that try listen to pink floyd, led zeppelin, black sabbath, deep purple and even so more modern bands such as them crooked vultures, foo fighters and queens of stone age.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean rock n roll, or just rock music in general, because if you mean rock in general there are so many types:

rock n roll
    trip rock
    progressive rock
    stoner rock
    alternative rock
    hard rock
    glam rock
    punk rock

That's just off the top of my head, there are many more, so can you be specific, do you want rock n roll, or a certain type of rock music or just rock in general?

Either way if you like rock music and dislike porcupine tree, deep purple, pink floyd, led zeppelin, rainbow, black sabbath (best band ever?) and queen then you fail at life.

ReputationRep:
    Rolling Stones :love:

ReputationRep:
    Dinosaur Pile-Up - My Rock An Roll... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalthrashin'mad)
    Do you mean rock n roll, or just rock music in general, because if you mean rock in general there are so many types:

rock n roll
    trip rock
    progressive rock
    stoner rock
    alternative rock
    hard rock
    glam rock
    punk rock

That's just off the top of my head, there are many more, so can you be specific, do you want rock n roll, or a certain type of rock music or just rock in general?

Either way if you like rock music and dislike porcupine tree, deep purple, pink floyd, led zeppelin, rainbow, black sabbath (best band ever?) and queen then you fail at life.
    Couldn't have put it better lol, nice to find someone who appreciates classic rock!

David Gilmour ftw!

ReputationRep:
    If it's 'proper' rock 'n' roll you want then Early Elvis, Gene Vincent, Chuck Berry, Bill Haley etc

EDIT: I assume you mean real rock 'n' roll anyway...

ReputationRep:

rock n roll
    trip rock
    progressive rock
    stoner rock
    alternative rock
    hard rock
    glam rock
    punk rock

if this is what constitutes as a successful life, then i can die a happy man.

As to music, Hendrix, The Who, David Bowie, Bob Dylan, plus those above (as to not repeat them lol). Theres more than this but this will do for now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrea03)
    Couldn't have put it better lol, nice to find someone who appreciates classic rock!

David Gilmour ftw!
    I like most types of rock and metal to be honest

ReputationRep:
    AC/DC are a pretty good bet.

ReputationRep:
    Rock and Roll baby!!!

Can't be bothered to name any other artists.... I was just listening to this at the time.

ReputationRep:

Couldn't agree more.... good taste, my friend.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be L7, listen to some of these

ReputationRep:
    Chuck Berry IS Rock n Roll.

ReputationRep:
    For Metal, you would have to have your ear-f***** by Ronnie James Dio
    But in the case of Rock n' Roll, there are two men who are capable of just that.
    Steven Tyler, yes, you heard no wrong :cool:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfNmyxV2Ncw
    and Mick Jagger from the Rolling Stones.
    Really the two most fundamental bands, and two of the best rock vocalists

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.