Turn on thread page Beta

Guys do you completely ignore girls sometimes even when you really like them? watch

So there's this guy I'm really crushing on who I just cant seem to figure out. We go to the same gym and I first became interested in him when he stared at me as I was walking past him. I had thought he was cute for ages but that stare really got to me. He didnt smile though. After that he started bringing a girl in even though he never had before, I'm assuming it is his girlfriend.

The thing is his attitude toward me is always changing, sometimes he will do the 'intense stare' thing when I'm walking towards him and other times he wont even look at me, especially when hes with the girl. Sometimes he tries to get close to me on the equipment and other times he will go on the complete opposite side of the room and go the hard way of getting there instead of going past me which would get him directly there.

I'm so confused as the days hes seemingly trying to get my attention I'm so happy and think its pretty damn obvious he likes me and then on the days hes avoiding me it makes me think I'm crazy that he could possibly like me and that I imagined any sort of signs that he did and I feel ashamed of myself for even assuming he liked me.

I admit i'm very shy and seem a bit stand offish and maybe I even give mixed messages but its only because when I really show I like him (ie. stare) he still doesnt approach. I cant approach as he could be taken. Should I just give up? Its just whenever I decide to give up he'll do something to give me hope again.

So my question is have you ever done this to a girl you liked, and if so why?

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Yes because I don't want them to know I like them, and be freaked out...

We wouldn't behave like this if girls weren't so damn mean and act like it's an insult, if we like them..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So there's this guy I'm really crushing on who I just cant seem to figure out. We go to the same gym and I first became interested in him when he stared at me as I was walking past him. I had thought he was cute for ages but that stare really got to me. He didnt smile though. After that he started bringing a girl in even though he never had before, I'm assuming it is his girlfriend.

The thing is his attitude toward me is always changing, sometimes he will do the 'intense stare' thing when I'm walking towards him and other times he wont even look at me, especially when hes with the girl. Sometimes he tries to get close to me on the equipment and other times he will go on the complete opposite side of the room and go the hard way of getting there instead of going past me which would get him directly there.

I'm so confused as the days hes seemingly trying to get my attention I'm so happy and think its pretty damn obvious he likes me and then on the days hes avoiding me it makes me think I'm crazy that he could possibly like me and that I imagined any sort of signs that he did and I feel ashamed of myself for even assuming he liked me.

I admit i'm very shy and seem a bit stand offish and maybe I even give mixed messages but its only because when I really show I like him (ie. stare) he still doesnt approach. I cant approach as he could be taken. Should I just give up? Its just whenever I decide to give up he'll do something to give me hope again.

I think that means that he doesn't like too much attention on himself. It's possible that he might like you...but then it could also mean that he doesn't feel comfortable having you looking at him.

Other than that...you could try to engage in a conversation with him. Break the ice and you might get to know him better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DominF)
    Uhm, am I the only one who thinks it's sort of creepy that he's doing this intense, non-smiley stare half the time? Wouldn't it be like

http://abovethelaw.com/_old/images/entries/brandow.jpg

classic,

he has a gf, that is probably why he doesn't try talking with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Yes I did this to a girl before, because I was too shy to approach her..

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you only look pretty half the time?

ReputationRep:
    maybe it's just because he's got a girlfriend so he's trying not to lead you on

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes but when im shy and or don't want her to knowor come across wrongly

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine does this.

He's had this crush on a girl for a few months and for whatever reason, he does not want to let her know or even do anything about it. In fact, I think he'd be dead embarrassed if she were to find out.

It's a bit silly. If it was me, I'd be trying to approach (which is the toughest stage, in my opinion) and just flirt. So, who knows, he could be shy or he has a gf.

ReputationRep:
    From what you're saying I think he's pretty shy.
    Try to start talking to him.

(Original post by freakingout!)
    Yes because I don't want them to know I like them, and be freaked out...

We wouldn't behave like this if girls weren't so damn mean and act like it's an insult, if we like them..
    I admit I do this to guys I dont like back, but I'm not acting like its an insult to this guy. I have started to stare back.

(Original post by zero_Gravity91)
    I think that means that he doesn't like too much attention on himself. It's possible that he might like you...but then it could also mean that he doesn't feel comfortable having you looking at him.

Other than that...you could try to engage in a conversation with him. Break the ice and you might get to know him better.
    The thing is though he started this with me. Like I said I always thought he was cute so might have looked the odd time, but I never had major feelings or anything so dont think it was obsessive. It wasnt untill the 'intense stare' that I was like whoa and the feelings developed so why would he do this if he wasnt willing to approach? Every time I try and smile at him I get scared and think he wont smile back so do like a stupid mid smirk that he probably doesnt even notice. Should I just try smiling and if he ignores it take that as a sign that he indeed does not like me and just likes the attention? You would smile back at a girl you like right?

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered that the if he didn't like you, he'd probably react in the exact same way each time e.g. a nod and maybe a 'hey' if you actually know each other. The fact that he seemingly goes about how he acts around you differently each time suggests to me that he is trying to find a way to get you to show interest in him and probably approach!

(Original post by DominF)
    Uhm, am I the only one who thinks it's sort of creepy that he's doing this intense, non-smiley stare half the time? Wouldn't it be like

http://abovethelaw.com/_old/images/entries/brandow.jpg
    LMAO! No its more like this (he actually sort of looks like this guy)

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/5...leranobuda.jpg

But this guy is really cute. If he was ugly it would probably look like you're picture.

(Original post by johnn)
    classic,

he has a gf, that is probably why he doesn't try talking with you
    Thats what I'm thinking as well, so why even bother giving me little signs.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, talk about lack of confidence. You won't get anywhere with that approach

(Original post by DopplerEffect)
    Yes I did this to a girl before, because I was too shy to approach her..
    What would you want her to do to get things started, being a shy guy and all? Keep in mind the girl is really shy too. Would you prefer to start with a smile rather than words to seem friendlier?

ReputationRep:
    He could just be getting on with his stuff in they gym, some people are there to workout strangely enough and not view it as a knocking shop.

(Original post by ZizziHikaru)
    Maybe you only look pretty half the time?
    Haha, even though you might be joking this is what I'm actually sometimes thinking. Do I look ugly today or what! Thats one of the reasons I'm too scared to approach too. In case he thinks whoa up close shes actually a dog.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.