Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Turn-off when girls are into football? watch

Announcements

I know a lot about football and can get quite intense about matches, but I am not one of those "I feel the incessant urge to be one of the guys so they will think I am sexy in a tomboyish way" nor one of the "OMGZ! Torres! Pique! Gourcuff! So HAWT!" types.

I am actually really interested in the sport, and can give update you on most of the happenings in every major competition, most line-ups of bigger teams, and have quite accurate analysis. My dad is a major football fan, and we have been watching together since I was very young and regularly go to matches, which probably explains why I am such a fan.

I am otherwise a rather feminine girl, I will not scream nor swear during a game, nor do I drink "a pint in the pub with the lads" after. Yet, guys often find it surprising when I mingle in a conversation and appear to know just as much as they do about football or stay home to watch a Real Madrid or Arsenal match.

Would you guys be put off if a girl knew a lot about football? And if so, why? (This is merely out of curiosity, since I am obviously not going to stop watching just to get more guys),

ReputationRep:
    That seems fine, infact it would be something to talk about with most boys to be honest.
    It would only be off-putting if you were some thuggish football fan who was overly aggressive and swears all the time etc.

ReputationRep:
    No, girls who know football are great, so long as they don't brag about it (Y)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.