Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Any Alternatives?? watch

I currently hold offers for Postgraduate study at both Warwick (MSc Finance), Imperial (MSc Finance), LSE (MSc Financial Mathematics) and Cass (MSc Investment Management). I am a foreign student and after closer investigation it will be pretty hard for me to survive financially due to the high tuition fees. Since it is a different system in regards to terms in the UK, and our financial support scheme is based on the number of weeks per term, I wont get as much as I normally would (which I initially though when I applied).

I am still in the process of trying to sort out the funding and I am applying for scholarships (however these are very competitive). In worst case scenario I will have to turn all the offers down.

Hence I was wondering if there are any good alternatives for Finance Masters in London, as in other universities? I also hold an offer from City University (not cass) in MSc Financial Economics which is only £11.000 (this I can do with no problems) and I have applied for the Queen Mary Msc Investment & Finance (£13.000 which I can also do without any problems).

Thing is that all the good schools have tuition fees ranging between 20.000 - 26.000 pounds and I can really only do about £15.000, hence I am short 5-10 thousand pounds.

I am really stressed about this whole scenario and people keep telling me that rankings dont apply to the same extent to post graduate study as undergraduate?

I would really appriciate your help on the matter as I dont know what to do!

Can't you just find a job for 1 year, save as much as you need, and then do your master next year without any funding problems?
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.