Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Basically I have only just sent off my SF application for the means tested allowance, however I recieved an e-mail back student finance England that I've missed the deadline for the income calculated allowance so will only be entitled to the basic allowance for the first term. Not a problem, but what I want to ask is has anyone been in this possition and did you get your first terms tuition fee and maintenace loan through? I ask because my friend last year did not recieve any finance and wasn't able to go to uni :/

Additionally, if anyone can comment, are SF quite good at topping up the ammount due? I hear a lot of horror stories about them being idiots and what not but I sort of will need the maintenance grant I'm entitlted to rather soon-ish.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean the deadline for new students? I swear the application process only started on the 16th of March?

ReputationRep:
    apparently so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelsguy)
    apparently so
    We're still in March!

ReputationRep:
    OK I applied for 2011/2012 but it's came through as 2010/2011 wtf?! On the phone to student finance now...:O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelsguy)
    OK I applied for 2011/2012 but it's came through as 2010/2011 wtf?! On the phone to student finance now...:O
    You probably applied for the wrong academic year by accident. Get them to cancel your current application so that you can apply for the right year.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.