Turn on thread page Beta

wanting sex but housemates are quiet watch

Ok, my housemates are all older than me, most of them work or ex-students while I am a student. I love my room and wouldn't easily want to leave, but my housemates are so dull when it comes to bedroom stuff!!! I've been living here for more than 18 month and I don't think I ever heard anyone have sex.
    I'd be so glad if they did, i could relax then. a few nights ago I brought my man home and I so wanted to fool around and just let go as I do at his place. But just thinking of the housemates - how sex in this house is virtually nonexistent - and i try to make the sex as quite as possible.
    My bed creeks a lot, and I've manage to find out that one CAN hear the creeks very clearly from the living room (which I'm right above). I get so embarrassed at this, seriously!! I don't get how men just so don't care about it.

So my question is, what do i do?
    Do i just not care what they might hear and/or think and have fun?
    or
    Do i respect the vibe of the house and keep the noise to a minimum?

ReputationRep:
    Just go for it. Your house you pay rent. So let yourself go and just moan or Whatever till your hearts content. Might make them do it too lol then can all relax. Seriously just go for it.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok, my housemates are all older than me, most of them work or ex-students while I am a student. I love my room and wouldn't easily want to leave, but my housemates are so dull when it comes to bedroom stuff!!! I've been living here for more than 18 month and I don't think I ever heard anyone have sex.
    I'd be so glad if they did, i could relax then. a few nights ago I brought my man home and I so wanted to fool around and just let go as I do at his place. But just thinking of the housemates - how sex in this house is virtually nonexistent - and i try to make the sex as quite as possible.
    My bed creeks a lot, and I've manage to find out that one CAN hear the creeks very clearly from the living room (which I'm right above). I get so embarrassed at this, seriously!! I don't get how men just so don't care about it.

or
    If they work, pressumably there are times when they'll be out of the house and you can be in (as you're a student). If so, it's polite to try to make a noise when they're not there to hear it.

The way I see it is that there are certain noises you can't really avoid (like the bed squeaking), but you don't have to be screaming at the top of your lungs if you can do that elsehwere - you do have the option to be noisy at your boyfriend's after all. So just be aware of them, but don't not do anything at all. Maybe put on music during. Maybe warn them in advance that you're having him over so that if they are actually offended they can plan to be out for the night.

I find this tricky cause I'm shy and hate the thought of anyone hearing me!

I think when my flatmates have loud sex, that it's not appropriate if it's in the middle of the day and someone else has a mate round, but more understandable at 9pm or whatever. But if it's every day it's a little annoying, if it's a one off it's okay.

Otherwise...sex in the shower?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

or

ofcourse they will barge in on you and call you out as a dirty whench, pulling your hair and screaming "SHE'S A SCHLAAAAG!" down the street and your neighbours come out and give dirty looks saying "omfg she is fornicating in her room!".

ReputationRep:
    Drink and you'll care less.
    And once you've done it once, you'll be past your mental block and won't care in the future. In theory anyway.

It is your home too. As long as you're not screaming like crazy at 4am your housemates shouldn't care. And if they do they're probably just jealous about not getting any lol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.