Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

To go for it... Or not? watch

Announcements

So I broke up with my boyfriend (of about 6 months) fairly recently although it was a long distance thing so I'd had to wait to do it but knew how I was feeling for a while. I don't miss him at all (which I find quite odd but maybe that's because it was long-distance). Now me and my friend are closer than ever and hes admitted he likes me and wants to be with me when I get back to England, but he's given me the go-ahead to be single and get it all out of the way before I go back to him. Being on exchange I go out ALOT but since I found out how he feels I have no desire to get with any other guys anyway. He's admitted that he feels this way about other girls too and doesn't talk to any girls (that he was getting with) anymore. He's coming over at easter to stay with me for a while. He also broke up with his girlfriend (they were also together about 7/8 months but he liked her enough to want to ask her to marry him just before they broke up) about 2 or 3 months ago - I know it hit him hard at the time but he seems okay now. I have very strong feelings for him and from what he's told me/my best friend, the feelings are mutual.
    So basically, do I tell him this and go for it straight away? Or just go along with the single deal for the next two months? Or (in either of our cases) is it a rebound?

ReputationRep:
    he'd been with her a few months and asked her to marry him?!WEIRD
    sounds like he has strong feelings for anyone

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be silly to engage in a new relationship with him while you're in different countries, and I wouldn't make any commitments to him right now either as interacting online/ by phone can be very different to in person. Even well established relationships sometimes crumble when you can't meet up with that person regularly, so I would advise to go home, spend some time together, then reassess how you both feel. Hth

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.