Turn on thread page Beta

Feel like a ***** - anyone else experienced this? watch

Announcements

I have this friend who is a total sweetheart - really gentle, and sweet, and pretty.

She also has this cute, quiet way of talking and has a tendency to sort of flirt a little bit with every guy she meets (I think she doesn't realize she's doing it), taking a massive interest in them.

I feel like a total *****, because she's very dear to me, but I sort of hate her talking to my boyfriend. Obviously this is out of insecurity. And obviously, it sort of ruins stuff we do, if I want to hang out with my boyfriend AND my mates at the same time. I try to stay calm and realize it's just mean jealousy.

But I was just wondering - has anyone else had any experience of this kinda thing?

ReputationRep:
    Tell you how flirty you think she's being, as you say she may not even realise it so you can't expect her not to do it. From the sounds of it, you've not been a *****, just maybe a little jealous but no one likes it when someone over steps the mark with your gf/bf.

ReputationRep:
    what has she done that's flirty?

Anon please - my girlfriend comes here and I don't really want her seeing me post this

My girlfriend told me that she gets jealous when I talk to her best friend. She is really a naturally jealous person so I was being very careful when talking to other girls. But I thought it would be fine for me to talk to that specific person since she was her best friend, and she has her own boyfriend as well. But my girlfriend told me that she didn't really like it, but at the same time she told me that she felt like how you're feeling right now but just wanted me to know that she doesn't feel great when I'm talking to that girl. So since then I've kept that in mind although we do still talk, and I think things are going much better now. If your boyfriend really cares about you, he should be willing to listen if you tell him exactly how you're feeling

ReputationRep:
    That's paranoia my dear

(Original post by hanaalou)
    what has she done that's flirty?
    It's nothing big, thats why I feel *****y for thinking it.

She just takes a lot of interest in the guys, including him, asking them loads of questions, sharing really self-deprecating stories about herself that make her look really cute and vulnerable. You see my predicament...I can't tell her to stop being flirty, she's just being who she is. It's not like she's laying her tits on the table while talking to him.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm :/ maybe she thinks she's being a good friend taking an interest in your boyfriend and trying to make him feel part of the group?
    green eyed monster isn't good though!!

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure she's actually flirting? If you say she does it with every guy then maybe she is just a softly spoken friendly person. I'm sure she wouldn't be so blatent as to deliberately flirt with your boyfriend in front of you.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just try and ignore it really. It's natural to be a little bit threatened by her if that's what she's like, but I doubt there's anything to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Do you LOOK like a *****!?

(Original post by FlobberDobber)
    That's paranoia my dear
    I think you're right...have you had this problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's nothing big, thats why I feel *****y for thinking it.

She just takes a lot of interest in the guys, including him, asking them loads of questions, sharing really self-deprecating stories about herself that make her look really cute and vulnerable. You see my predicament...I can't tell her to stop being flirty, she's just being who she is. It's not like she's laying her tits on the table while talking to him.

What kind of stories does he tell to make herself seem cute and vulnerable?

I don't think you're being *****y though, I'd feel exactly the same way in your position - it's only human. It's not like you're being nasty or *****y about your friend- you just feel a bit threatened. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about though

(Original post by .Heather.)
    What kind of stories does he tell to make herself seem cute and vulnerable?

I don't think you're being *****y though, I'd feel exactly the same way in your position - it's only human. It's not like you're being nasty or *****y about your friend- you just feel a bit threatened. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about though
    Well all of us are anglophones living in a foreign country, except my boyfriend is a ''native'' here. Her accent in the language we talk in around him is pretty strong, so that ''helps'', and then she'll talk about times when people haven't understood her and she's been in a difficult position trying to explain, etc.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're right...have you had this problem?
    Ohhh aaaaall the time - not my best mate but just girls in general. I'm terrible!

ReputationRep:
    Well all of us are anglophones living in a foreign country, except my boyfriend is a ''native'' here. Her accent in the language we talk in around him is pretty strong, so that ''helps'', and then she'll talk about times when people haven't understood her and she's been in a difficult position trying to explain, etc.
    If you were a cat....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/...a5608b579a.jpg

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.