Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been recommended the Pearsons Baccalaureate Chemistry book. Does anyone know how much difference there is between the Standard and Higher level? In other words, will I need the standard one before looking at the higher one or will I be able to understand the higher one on its own?

I'd also like to know about As level and A2 level. Are they just two halves of a course or is A2 the same but in more depth?

I did GCSE Chemistry years ago and am going to be starting an access course in September but as the degree course I want to do is chemistry heavy I want to prepare myself as well as possible so if anyone has any recommendations I'd really appreciate them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about that specific book

But for all the texbooks I know, there is no point buying a standard level book if you are doing higher level. for all my higher level subjects, I just have a higher level book, and its more than enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagesou)
    I'm not sure about that specific book

But for all the texbooks I know, there is no point buying a standard level book if you are doing higher level. for all my higher level subjects, I just have a higher level book, and its more than enough
    Thank-you very much.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.