Turn on thread page Beta

would you/ would you accept hitting a girl in this situation watch

ReputationRep:
    say an arguement has broke out and theres alot of shouting but it shows no signs of hitting. The girl after 10 mins then hits the boy in the face. She then runs due to fear of the boy hitting her back.

Why he should:
    - she brought the physical violence into the fight
    - she shouldnt be hitting people if shes not ready to be hit
    - it would make her think twice before attempting that again

Why he shouldnt:
    - the running away shows she may be learnt her lesson because of the fear of being hit
    - she might be weaker than him (no evidence showing either is stronger/weaker)
    - an eye for a eye solves nothing

ReputationRep:
    Gender Egalitarianism.

ReputationRep:
    If a ***** slaps me, she BETTER run.

Jk I'd be too scared of right winged simpletons' repercussions.

ReputationRep:
    An interesting argument you have there, good points for and against. Although it was wrong for her to initiate the act of violence, I would still say that he shouldn't

ReputationRep:
    As a woman, if I hit someone then I'd expect to be hit back, regardless of the gender (not that I'd ever hit anyone).

However if I ran away, then running after me just to hit me back seems a bit stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Don't hit back, just take the ***** to court for assault. A crimmal record is worth more than giving a slap back + your taking the moral high ground :dance:

ReputationRep:
    don't think it's right for a girl to hit a man and expect not to be hit back

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't hit her. It makes you as bad as she is. There's no need for hitting.

What I don't get is, why would she hit you in the face after 10 minutes? Bit odd if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    Life is not black and white. There are IMO some instances where it's right for a male to hit a female, including self-defence. Other than that, it's not really acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    Call me old fashioned but a man should NEVER hit a woman regardless of the situation. by all means complain, prosicute or whatever but its not right to hit a female regardless of what they've done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moody_bum)
    As a woman, if I hit someone then I'd expect to be hit back, regardless of the gender (not that I'd ever hit anyone).

However if I ran away, then running after me just to hit me back seems a bit stupid.
    Can't rep anymore :sigh: so I'm just gonna say I agree with ya :yep:

plus maybe it depends on your own morals :dontknow: do you want to be the person who does hit, because if you do hit back before she runs away it might not have the same impact as just giving her the silent look/cold shoulder and walking away. Being the better man, standing your ground that stuff would probably make her feel less of a person Though sometimes ya just gotta let your feeling out and revenge on em :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean to be funny but I don't think he should. And I don't mean to be rude about women, but for the vast majority of women, a full strength angry smack on the arm would be nothing compared to a mans full strength angry man, and I've been hit, I tend to just restrain....

When they get the nails and teeth out though... I'd be the one running.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    Call me old fashioned but a man should NEVER hit a woman regardless of the situation. by all means complain, prosicute or whatever but its not right to hit a female regardless of what they've done.
    I disagree, self-defence is an absolute right, and the only absolute right that can ever exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    I don't mean to be funny but I don't think he should. And I don't mean to be rude about women, but for the vast majority of women, a full strength angry smack on the arm would be nothing compared to a mans full strength angry man, and I've been hit, I tend to just restrain....

When they get the nails and teeth out though... I'd be the one running.
    Don't worry, you weren't.

If a girl slaps you, there's only one thing to do - eyes open really wide, grin from ear to ear and start laughing like a psycho through gritted teeth. Waiting for something is worse than it actually happening.

ReputationRep:
    I generally subscribe to the 'eye for an eye' rule, if it was a guy I would chase him down and return the favour.

If it's a girl, I would want to do the same but I'll control myself. Don't really like the idea of hitting a girl, it feels kind of shameful or something. But I would hope that as she's running away she trips over and falls flat on her face breaking her nose or something

However it the girl is just standing there punching me over and over again, then I have the right to self-defence...I'll restrain her or push her to the ground or something to stop it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    I disagree, self-defence is an absolute right, and the only absolute right that can ever exist.
    i still wouldnt in self defence, its just wrong. block the attacks yes but not hit back. Its just the way i was brought up, its like you shouldnt hit someone who can't fight back or someone younger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    It's true you have to defend yourself, but if a man has to defend himself from a woman, can't he just restrain her? Cause in most cases, for a woman to defend herself she has to hit him cause its the only thing that can really weaken him, but when given the choice not to have to hit her and just to hold her arms together or something, surely the man should take it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    say an arguement has broke out and theres alot of shouting but it shows no signs of hitting. The girl after 10 mins then hits the boy in the face. She then runs due to fear of the boy hitting her back.

Why he should:
    - she brought the physical violence into the fight
    - she shouldnt be hitting people if shes not ready to be hit
    - it would make her think twice before attempting that again

Why he shouldnt:
    - the running away shows she may be learnt her lesson because of the fear of being hit
    - she might be weaker than him (no evidence showing either is stronger/weaker)
    - an eye for a eye solves nothing
    I wouldn't hit a man that punched me and ran away, I'd just be wary next time he was within arms reach and angry that I should be expecting to block and restrain him next time.

ReputationRep:
    I would consider it a turn on :sexface:

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    If a girl attacked me, id stop her from hurting me - but i probably wouldnt punch her full on, chances are ill hit harder than she does, and what does that prove to anyone? I have a bit of an old fashioned black and white thing with girls: hitting them is wrong, they dont walk home alone etc etc.

Id take her to court if possible. But i have no problem with restraining someone who's trying to hurt me regardless of sex.

Case in point: Girl was kicking me repeatedly in the shins, quite hard, i told her 3 times to stop it, and she didnt (fair warning), so i pinned her arm behind her back and told her again. I can see some neg rep for this, but im just giving an example of how my logic works

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.