Turn on thread page Beta

would you/ would you accept hitting a girl in this situation watch

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I wouldn't hit her back as she ran away. If she didn't run away then I'd throw her to the ground and then restrain her just for the humiliation factor, plus a well executed Judo throw onto solid ground is going to hurt a hell of a lot more and do more damage than a punch while at the same time you wouldn't get the douchebag whiteknight-types trying to lay into you.

I'd have no problem with another guy running after her and beating the crap out of her, but I wouldn't personally do it if she ran (or if a guy ran for that matter - they've shown themselves to be the coward and I've won the fight before it even began).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Cat Lady)
    It's true you have to defend yourself, but if a man has to defend himself from a woman, can't he just restrain her? Cause in most cases, for a woman to defend herself she has to hit him cause its the only thing that can really weaken him, but when given the choice not to have to hit her and just to hold her arms together or something, surely the man should take it?
    I disagree, self-defence is total.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nizzay!)
    I would consider it a turn on :sexface:

:awesome:
    I like your thinking :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    if i hit my boyfreind he gets angry and goes to hit me back but stops himself and i think its funny and makes the sex better hahahahahhahahahah

ReputationRep:
    Whoever (male or female) physically abuses their partner needs to be told firmly and IMMEDIATELY that physical abuse is unacceptable. Responding in kind to physical abuse is idiotic. It's a lose:lose situation.

It is up to the individual whether or not they are prepared to give the 'abuser' a second chance and continue the relationship or just kick them to the curb and tell them to grow up.

Gender has NOTHING to do with abuse therefore having a debate about whether it is acceptable to hit a girl is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Those who are saying it's wrong in EVERY circumstance, we've brought up self-defence, but what if the woman was hitting your girlfriend/your sister/mother/a friend or something? Wouldn't you try and overpower her? What if overpowering didn't work and she still continued beating up the girl. Would you use violence?

I'd certainly expect to be hit by a man if I ever crossed him in one of the ways I've brought up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    I disagree, self-defence is total.
    ....Last time I checked, restraining someone was self-defence... :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Those who are saying it's wrong in EVERY circumstance, we've brought up self-defence, but what if the woman was hitting your girlfriend/your sister/mother/a friend or something? Wouldn't you try and overpower her? What if overpowering didn't work and she still continued beating up the girl. Would you use violence?

I'd certainly expect to be hit by a man if I ever crossed him in one of the ways I've brought up.
    Id have to say no. i beleive everyone should fight their own battles so long as their fair. i dont have a sister but if i did and she was in a fight against another woman then there would be nothing i could do but if it was against a man i would be the first to put a stop to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    Don't worry, you weren't.

If a girl slaps you, there's only one thing to do - eyes open really wide, grin from ear to ear and start laughing like a psycho through gritted teeth. Waiting for something is worse than it actually happening.
    If I grow a penis one day, I'm totally trying this.

ReputationRep:
    It's all about spitting in their face after they hit you :jiggy:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't accept him hitting her back if she had run off, if she was repeatedly hitting him it would be another matter but even then it would be preferable for him to restrain her rather than hit her.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't hit her back the first time. However I would say if she slaps me again I am gonna slap her back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missgeorgia)
    An interesting argument you have there, good points for and against. Although it was wrong for her to initiate the act of violence, I would still say that he shouldn't
    I would as well but only because she "slapped and ran" - him chasing her is purely revenge rather than defense,

if on the other hand she had stayed there then i he would have been fully justified in retaliating with force, im not saying a clenched fist full on punch to the face, but a defensive push or restrainment would be justified.

It's true you have to defend yourself, but if a man has to defend himself from a woman, can't he just restrain her? Cause in most cases, for a woman to defend herself she has to hit him cause its the only thing that can really weaken him, but when given the choice not to have to hit her and just to hold her arms together or something, surely the man should take it?
    In some cases yes. Against say a slap but how far can you take it? Ever seen what happens when a woman drives her heel full force into the top bone in a persons foot? Or how about if she comes at him with a weapon? Should he only attempt to restrain them on the idea that shes a "weak little woman"?

ReputationRep:
    If a girl hit me and ran away, i'd leave it.

If she hit me once, and went to take another swing, then she should prepare her face for implosion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    say an arguement has broke out and theres alot of shouting but it shows no signs of hitting. The girl after 10 mins then hits the boy in the face. She then runs due to fear of the boy hitting her back.

Why he should:
    - she brought the physical violence into the fight
    - she shouldnt be hitting people if shes not ready to be hit
    - it would make her think twice before attempting that again

Why he shouldnt:
    - the running away shows she may be learnt her lesson because of the fear of being hit
    - she might be weaker than him (no evidence showing either is stronger/weaker)
    - an eye for a eye solves nothing
    the saying is
    an eye for an eye will only makes the whole world blind (i think) lol
    but no there is no excuse a man should never ever hit a women
    can restrain though

ReputationRep:
    If they hit me and ran away then I wouldn't, same if a man did it. If they continued to punch/scratch/claw at me, and restraining them didn't work, then I'd probably give them a bit of a knock, force dependent on how big and vicious they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    say an arguement has broke out and theres alot of shouting but it shows no signs of hitting. The girl after 10 mins then hits the boy in the face. She then runs due to fear of the boy hitting her back.

Why he should:
    - she brought the physical violence into the fight
    - she shouldnt be hitting people if shes not ready to be hit
    - it would make her think twice before attempting that again

Why he shouldnt:
    - the running away shows she may be learnt her lesson because of the fear of being hit
    - she might be weaker than him (no evidence showing either is stronger/weaker)
    - an eye for a eye solves nothing
    I wouldn't accept being hit in that situation. You're 'why he shouldn't' reasons are valid, you're 'why he should'-not so much. Do you realize how awful the one in bold sounds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    In some cases yes. Against say a slap but how far can you take it? Ever seen what happens when a woman drives her heel full force into the top bone in a persons foot? Or how about if she comes at him with a weapon? Should he only attempt to restrain them on the idea that shes a "weak little woman"?
    Oh yeh someone's trodden on my foot bone in heels before. Bladdy hell it hurt. But it was an accident.

But yes, I didn't really think about weapons being involved. I suppose there are exceptions to every rule, I'd hit anyone coming at me with a knife!

ReputationRep:
    ....Last time I checked, restraining someone was self-defence... :unsure:
    No it's not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    No it's not.
    Umm... k.....

:bl:

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.