Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Santorini)
    what are you doing for your Type II Portfolio....??

--------------

by the way....thanks for aiding me in the Type I Portfolio....the last question was extremely useful....
    not yet decided. our teacher is givin us our titles next week and probably the week after next week we'll submit it. dats wot we did for the type 1. our teacher dusn gives us enuf time. neways wen r u submittin and wot is ur title if it is same like urs i'll contact u.

ReputationRep:
    the title for my Maths Type II Portfolio is as follows: Creating A Logistic Model.....this basically dicusses bout population and fishes and a lot of stuff....but i can't seem to get any of it....tried hundreds of possible ways...but to no avail....and i've gotta study for my mocks...and finish other things like EE...TOK....and also my science practicals....

--------------

i sure hope that you also land up with the same one.....then i could discuss the problems i'm encountering....

ReputationRep:
    Hey ppl, is there any way i can get a copy of this portfoilio?
    pls email it to [email protected]

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    you mean typeI: properties of quartics...or type II: creating a logistic model???

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone figured out how to do the type 2... Logistic model...i really need help... need to submit it in a week... help me out here guys.

ReputationRep:
    damn....guys...i think my teacher is going nutcase....he gave us another Portfolio....Type II : Moons of Jupiter....and i will agree with bobjecks88 on this....it's a pretty horrific task....Type I was just a walk in the park...this task is like walking through a 20 ft thick snow-covered ground...

--------------

please....notify me via mail...if anyone of you has completed the Logistic Model Portfolio...

ReputationRep:
    Maths portfolio type 2...the logistic one...its the hardest amongst the type 2's...can anybody else tell me wat they r doin?

ReputationRep:
    ive dont the river flows for type II, was kinda okeyish i'd say...
    For type I im doing the quartic stuff....
    well ive seen so many questions about the conjecture. Basically u have to solve the first 4 questions and u will obviously see a pattern. U just have to form a hypothesis which says something like this: the ratio between the distances are: 1:1.61:1 and then u have to find a general formula which is damn hard....
    Try to do question 2 and 3 with the general equation: ax^4 + bx^3 + cx^2 + dx + e...try to find a general formula for the second derivative, for the points of inflexions and for the gradient of the crossing line! Play around with them and u'll find the general equation for the distances between the points of inflation!
    enjoy
    ps: question 5 takes 2 hours

ReputationRep:
    dude!! i fink u dont understand da whole concept of maths......its to make life easier....not complicated....u say dat ur question 5 took 2 hours ....my whole portfolio din take more than 3 hours....it can be done in a lot more easier way....

ReputationRep:
    i wrote u a private message, check it pls

ReputationRep:
    I gotta the same problem;/ I dunno how to do 5;/ I tried in many ways and always stuck in the same place;/ please help me........

ReputationRep:
    Hey AFrank, are you done with the math portfolio type II river flow? I am entirely stuck with that! please help!!

ReputationRep:
    hey u lot.... our class didn't get any leading questions or anything for the assignments.... anyone with them... could they pls send them to me???
    pls send me a pm first I would be very grateful if anyone could help me!!!

ReputationRep:
    i need help with coming up with a general quartic function too.. can somebody please help!?

ReputationRep:
    If you guys have any problems, i explained how to do question 5 on another thread, one that's called properties of quartics, help with question 5 or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    hey can you please explain the following:

in question 2 / 3, when we obtain the ration (and find out that we have a ratio of 1: golden ratio :1, WHY do we only use the x values? why dont we use the distance formula to calculate the distance between each point and then devise a ratio? because i tried to do that, and i obtained a result of 1:1:1:, which is obviously incorrect.

help, please??

ReputationRep:
    hey i doing this coursework as a practice for the real one... can any of you please explain the following:

in question 2 / 3, when we obtain the ratio (and find out that we have a ratio of 1: golden ratio :1, WHY do we only use the x values? why dont we use the distance formula to calculate the distance between each point and then devise a ratio? because i tried to do that, and i obtained a result of 1:1:1:, which is obviously incorrect.

help, please??

ReputationRep:
    hey im doing this coursework as a practice for the real one... can any of you please explain the following:

in question 2 / 3, when we obtain the ratio (and find out that we have a ratio of 1: golden ratio :1, WHY do we only use the x values? why dont we use the distance formula to calculate the distance between each point and then devise a ratio? because i tried to do that, and i obtained a result of 1:1:1:, which is obviously incorrect.

help, please??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The legend)
    r u gys still doin da type 1.

cuz i submittd mine like in dec and now in few days i'll submit my type 2. i did it in properties of quartics. i can help you gys if you need ne help. jst pm me.
    hey im doing this coursework as a practice for the real one... can any of you please explain the following:

help, please??

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.