The Student Room Group

Do you agree with theory that conservatives are hotter than the liberal left?

Poll

Conservatives better looking?

http://www.nerve.com/news/politics/conservative-politicans-hotter-than-liberal-ones-says-science

Here is a topical video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIgAKxASPuw,unfortunately it is US politicians and political commentators, but it does give some examples.

I personally think this is in general correct because of the mentality of many conservatives that value competitiveness in all areas of life. We are far less likely to put up with gluttony or slobbish behaviour and don't believe in excuses or sob stories. . At my gym I would say everyone either voted tory , UKIP and one or two voted for the national front. I would say that goodlooking people will be drawn to being conservative perhaps because in general they have had better life experiences from their early lives ,through school etc etc. If you believe the studies that suggest goodlooking people are treated better. The idea that they should make allowances for weakness in others will not appeal.
Reply 1
Are you serious? Wow... Some people...
Although to be fair Silvio Berlusconi did say right wing women are hotter than right wing women, and he's had plenty so maybe that is proof *Rolls Eyes*
Reply 2
No :s-smilie: I think that is stupid, one's 'hotness' has nothing to do with their political leaning. Plus, if anything, I find left wingers better-looking. Over-competitiveness is something that comes off as unattractive to me anyway.

And how is there a correlation between 'better life experiences' and voting conservative???
Reply 3
Original post by Huskaris

There are lookers and minuets on both sides, but if inhad to guesstimate, it would be tipped in the cons favour simply because they are more likel to have the money/care about that sort of thing.
Reply 4
Have you seen the average Tea Party supporter?
Why do you go beyond the findings of the non peer reviewed small scale, daily mail reported scandanavian study you cite and generalise the study from exclusively politicians to the ideologies in general?

And you can 'believe' what you want, i doubt it has any relevance to the truth though. I could in the same manner create conjectural reasoning based on nothing but my own prejudice, ie; rightist politicians are on average more attractive due to the electoral practices of that ideologue, which over-value looks and vote accordingly - reflecting the shallow, objectifying superficiality of the right-wing.
Reply 6
They might well be hotter, but nowhere near as loose...
Original post by Mujeriego
Have you seen the average Tea Party supporter?

Not all tea party supporters are conservatives, let alone registered republicans. This is the problem with people getting their information from the mainstream media, MSM is much more opinionated these days, they no longer report the bare facts.
Yes. Eric Pickles is a walking example of how the Conservatives are hotter than their Liberal counterparts.
Reply 9
Dunno, Stella Creasy MP is gorgeous and she is in the Labour Party... (perhaps she isn't liberal left, but she isn't conservative)
Reply 10
You could twist it and say Republicans need to present their arguments with better looking people than Democrats do because either they're weaker arguments, or their voter base are too stupid to understand them :smile:
Reply 11
William Hague - I would.
I'm not going to lie, but in America, conservative women are hotter.

But over here in the UK, I think left-wing and right-wing women politicians are both ugly.

(edited 13 years ago)
Sarah Palin is the hottest politician I have seen (on both sides of atlantic).
Clegg is georgeous :sexface:
Do you really have to ask the question?

With Theresa May, Baroness Warsi and William Hague in the cabinet .. well :sexface:
Celebrities like Colin Firth, David Tennant, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Jessica Alba, Alicia Keys, Rebecca Romijn, Heidi Klum and Jennifer Aniston have all come out in support of a liberal movement and/or party at some point or another.

So no, I don't subscribe to this theory. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending