Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many times did you apply to Medical School before getting in? Watch

• View Poll Results: How many times did you apply?
    63.01%
    22.60%
    4.79%
    4 or more
    9.59%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Personally, the way a department behaves with prospective candidates would play a role in my deciding where to apply.
    I've found it usually mirrors the way they treat or handle situations with their students.
    I also had the same fob of story when asking whether an access course would be ok to take from a certain college as A levels are hard to find for adults where I live. I was told they would only advise me at the time of application and my enquiry would be noted on my UCAS application once received. I will not be applying to Southampton, they appear to have a lack of respect for people and makes me wonder how they treat prospective students who frankly keep them in a job. Their customer service is a disgrace especially considering the entry requirements they expect from you.

They have gone down hugely in my opinion.
    I contacts Imperial, UCL, Cambridge and Oxford about the same enquiry and they were extremely helpful, so why do Southampton seem to have a problem answering simple enquiries.

Can only put it down to two hints either Laziness or Staff shortages. Either way it's not acceptable. Glad I'm not the only person who's had the reception from them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em.d_4)
    I absolutely agree Southampton were so unhelpful with me it put me right off and same with Leeds! When you compare how good QUB and Aberdeen etc have been its ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree wholeheartedly with you. I will not be applying there. I can imagine a problem arising and they'd be so unhelpful. They go on about professionalism, caring and yet they can't be professional nor do they care. It's an absolute joke. They want to buck their ideas up before hey get no applicants at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.