Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

anyone here fail *more than* 6 tests? Watch

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

it seems pretty rare.

please dont answer 'no, i passed first/third time' that isnt helpful.

the dsa test stats only go up to 5 attempts so im guessing very few people do over 5x.

when did you pass or give up?

ReputationRep:
    I thought I was bad at 3, although the way I failed my 1st I deserved to take it 6 times

ReputationRep:
    Nope.
    Failed the first one - I had a red mist moment and did something silly.
    Passed the 2nd one just fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    anyone?

it seems pretty rare.

the dsa test stats only go up to 5 attempts so im guessing very few people do over 5x.

(Original post by JC.)
    Nope.
    you might be able to drive but you cant read :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    you might be able to drive but you cant read :rolleyes:
    Public forum pal! You don't get to tell people what they can and can't write.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who failed the theory part like 3 times and the actual test about the same, she's a good driver just nervous on tests. (And yes I did read what you wrote)

I wouldn't stress about it that'll just make it worse tbh. It doesn't matter when you pass, once you pass, you pass and are deemed a good driver by someone at least

ReputationRep:
    Passed Theory First Time

Passed Actual Test Second Time.

And should pass my Pass Plus next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingshan16)
    Passed Theory First Time

Passed Actual Test Second Time.

And should pass my Pass Plus next week.
    people actually take pass plus :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Failed my first time yesterday with 5 majors and 13 minors lol looks like I'll be one of those people who pass on their 6th/7th time. I'm actually not a bad driver, I swear. Bad lucks just love me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    people actually take pass plus :confused:
    I did, saved me about £400 on insurance plus I got to drive a brand new Ford Focus Zetec ST and my instructor was alright and let me just bomb it. Cruise control was lovely too.

ReputationRep:
    My friends sister has taken it 8 times and not passed yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Nope.
    Are you stupid, OP said don't post if you've pasted less than 6 times. And you done just that ¬¬

No one cares if you had a red mist moment :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anita B. Studin)
    Failed my first time yesterday with 5 majors and 13 minors lol looks like I'll be one of those people who pass on their 6th/7th time. I'm actually not a bad driver, I swear. Bad lucks just love me.
    What were your majors?

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

it seems pretty rare.

Not me, but I have a friend who took it more than 10 times before she passed (I think she passed her 13th, I'm not sure). She can drive fine, she just got nervous on tests.

My friend's dad took it 5 times and gave up I think - but that was quite a long time ago when the driving test was (probably) easier, so perhaps he was genuinely not cut out for it.

ReputationRep:
    Failed 1st test, passed the second

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sprazcrumbler)
    My friends sister has taken it 8 times and not passed yet
    does she have anything wrong with her? im on my 6th now, but it seems most people pass on 2 or 3 only. i think 6 is the benchmark of omg thats abnormal.. i do have poor hand eye co-ordination though, i was awful at PE and the one sole time i hit the ball in tennis in the entire year, who whole class applauded me in year 9

ReputationRep:
    My brother has failed his theory test twice now. I don't think I want to let him drive me anywhere

ReputationRep:
    I'm beginning to think that driving just isn't suited to some people. Six failed tests? You should have passed by sheer bloody luck by now. Either you're not ready skills wise to be taking your test or you fall apart when expected top drive without the assistance of an instructor.

If it's the latter then I would say it wouldn't be safe to be driving if you can't handle the test. I know examinations are difficult and put people under pressure but if you can't handle that ask yourself; Should you be allowed to be in control of a 1 ton+ metal box traveling at 30mph. I'm not convinced you should.

Out of interest did you have lessons from a professional driving instructor or with parent/relative/friend? If you weren't using a professional instructor before try one they will be better equipped to help you pass your test (not necessarily make you a better driver though).

Good luck but I do question the idea that infinite resits of an exam are allowed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    I thought I was bad at 3, although the way I failed my 1st I deserved to take it 6 times
    A friend of mine "winged" a pedestrian during her first driving test. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donuticus)
    A friend of mine "winged" a pedestrian during her first driving test. :eek:
    My mum's friend crashed into a fire engine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.