Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

anyone here fail *more than* 6 tests? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    does she have anything wrong with her? im on my 6th now, but it seems most people pass on 2 or 3 only. i think 6 is the benchmark of omg thats abnormal.. i do have poor hand eye co-ordination though, i was awful at PE and the one sole time i hit the ball in tennis in the entire year, who whole class applauded me in year 9
    It sounds mean but the test is there to keep people like you off the roads, and in that respect its doing its job.

If you've got such bad hand-eye coordination what would happen if a little kid walks out into the road and you fumble the pedals and don't swerve enough.

Bring on the negs but its true the test is there for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my ****ing god. We get it. You suck at driving. Stop making threads about it.

ReputationRep:
    I've taken my failed my test 4 times now but never had more than 5 minors and 1 major. Last test I had 2 minors and 1 major.
    My instructor has no complaints and I do feel confident driving, I just can't seem to pass. I have even had lessons with other instructors to make sure that it isn't just my instructor telling me I'm good when I'm not but they all said the same thing.
    I guess I'll pass eventually

My major was speeding, I did 35 in a 30 zone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelWest)
    I've taken my failed my test 4 times now but never had more than 5 minors and 1 major. Last test I had 2 minors and 1 major.
    My instructor has no complaints and I do feel confident driving, I just can't seem to pass. I have even had lessons with other instructors to make sure that it isn't just my instructor telling me I'm good when I'm not but they all said the same thing.
    I guess I'll pass eventually
    You've never taken the test and not gotten a Major?? Jesus. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insoms)
    You've never taken the test and not gotten a Major?? Jesus. :confused:
    Well, I thought that would be obvious. You don't fail for minors.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I thought that would be obvious. You don't fail for minors.
    After 14/16 (can't remember which) yes you do. One major and it's an automatic fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donuticus)
    After 14/16 (can't remember which) yes you do. One major and it's an automatic fail.
    It's 16 minors I think, but I've never actually known anyone fail by getting 16 + minors just from getting a major.

ReputationRep:
    It's 16 minors I think, but I've never actually known anyone fail by getting 16 + minors just from getting a major.
    Or three minors in one area. I think I got two majors on my first test just from that

ReputationRep:
    On my first test I had 8 minors and 1 major, on my second test I had 14 minors (one of which was marked enough times to make it a fail), I just can't believe how crap I did in the second, since the first was yeah bad but not as bad as far as minors go. I know where I went wrong though so I can sort that out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anita B. Studin)
    Failed my first time yesterday with 5 majors and 13 minors lol looks like I'll be one of those people who pass on their 6th/7th time. I'm actually not a bad driver, I swear. Bad lucks just love me.
    There's a difference between bad luck and failing with 5 majors and 13 minors. Admittedly I only passed 3rd time, and that's because I was a bad driver for my first and second tests and got a major on each of those. What were the majors you got?

ReputationRep:
    A friend of my sister passed on her 7th attempt. Though she had a seriously dodgy instructor for the first ~5 (who subsequently lost their teaching licence thingy).

I don't think much of it is down to co-ordination tbh - I'm terrible at most sports but passed first time. It's a combination of that and a lot of other factors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    A friend of my sister passed on her 3rd attempt. Though she had a seriously dodgy instructor for the first ~5 (who subsequently lost their teaching licence thingy).

I don't think much of it is down to co-ordination tbh - I'm terrible at most sports but passed first time. It's a combination of that and a lot of other factors.
    like what?
    i find mirrors confusing also, like when you are looking in the mirror and right is left and left is right. also if im reverseing i get confused if to turn left or right to move into a space. i also find it har d to judge distances in the mirrors. i've been driving for one and a half years now in 4 hours a week. why am i wrong? i also think i have aspergers due to other reasons, would this affect driving ability?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vandub)
    There's a difference between bad luck and failing with 5 majors and 13 minors. Admittedly I only passed 3rd time, and that's because I was a bad driver for my first and second tests and got a major on each of those. What were the majors you got?
    1st - 3S 18M

2nd - 3S 15M

3rd - 1S 9M (mirror check before mobing off)

4th - 1S 8M ( not stopping at an EMPTY crossroads, yes seriousyly me and the examiner sat in the middle of the crossroads for 5 minutes discussing why you should stop even if they are empty)

5th - 1D 5M - nearly hit a brick wall when moving aside in a narrow country lane to let an approaching car also fit through and didnt check mirrors)

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    like what?
    i find mirrors confusing also, like when you are looking in the mirror and right is left and left is right. also if im reverseing i get confused if to turn left or right to move into a space. i also find it har d to judge distances in the mirrors. i've been driving for one and a half years now in 4 hours a week. why am i wrong? i also think i have aspergers due to other reasons, would this affect driving ability?
    I'm with the other guy, I don't think you should be driving if you're that badly co-ordinated and can't judge distance. It's not the end of the world

ReputationRep:
    1st - 3S 18M

2nd - 3S 15M

4th - 1S 8M ( not stopping at an EMPTY crossroads, yes seriousyly me and the examiner sat in the middle of the crossroads for 5 minutes discussing why you should stop even if they are empty)

5th - 1D 5M - nearly hit a brick wall when moving aside in a narrow country lane to let an approaching car also fit through and didnt check mirrors)
    I hear public transport is improving.

ReputationRep:
    like what?
    Not AFAIK. I have no idea what you're doing wrong - it sounds like your spatial awareness is pretty bad, but again this is something you can improve on just with lots of practice. It also sounds like you are making excuses for yourself.

Other factors - luck, awareness of the car, awareness of the road, experience, common sense...

ReputationRep:
    1st - 3S 18M

2nd - 3S 15M

...Okay, well I wasn't actually talking to you, but I guess the only positive I can say is you seem to be improving? Kind of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    Are you stupid, OP said don't post if you've pasted less than 6 times. And you done just that ¬¬

No one cares if you had a red mist moment :/
    You cared enough to post up about it, troll.

You also seem to care enough about my thoughts and opinions enough to PM me asking for advice regarding which cars you aught to buy.

Double standards, much? Hmm....

ReputationRep:
    does she have anything wrong with her? im on my 6th now, but it seems most people pass on 2 or 3 only. i think 6 is the benchmark of omg thats abnormal.. i do have poor hand eye co-ordination though, i was awful at PE and the one sole time i hit the ball in tennis in the entire year, who whole class applauded me in year 9
    She is pretty normal as far as i can tell, she is just much too confident of her abilities. She thinks she is a good driver even though her parents refuse to let her drive their car because she is so terrifyingly overconfident

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.