Turn on thread page Beta

High waisted shorts watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Wow that's an unfortunate choice. Can't y'all see how they are just screaming: HERE'S MY WOMB!! Those actually pad her lower-tummy out!
    Here is me on holiday in my high waisted shorts...i don't think they are THAT bad.

Name:  59861_10150258178760005_628170004_14674041_5811886_n.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  27.9 KB

I think they sit at the slimmest part of ones body, and make legs look even longer. If worn wrong though they can give a 'camel toe' look, and people with huge bums should avoid in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pippa90)
    In your opinion
    Indeed :awesome:

(Original post by Polly1101)
    I think they sit at the slimmest part of ones body, and make legs look even longer.
    You can get the same look from short shorts though that sit on the hips instead of the waist. E.G

ReputationRep:

...Yumm.

First off, I object to your casual, rampant sexism! :emog:

Secondly, now that I've dried my eyes.. there is 'taste' and then there's 'sense' - personally I lack the former when it comes to the nuances of contemporary fashion, but I have the good sense not to wear my trousers pulled up to my naval because I don't want to look a total douche. Hint

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozzylove)
    Oooh, I do like the pale denim ones.

Mmm but I don't really wanna spend too much! However I LOVE YOUR SIG.
    The ones from Topshop are only £10 more and look so much nicer. With something like jeans or shorts when you only own a couple of pairs I think it is definitely worth spending the extra money. £30-something seems reasonable for a pair of shorts to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    Indeed :awesome:

You can get the same look from short shorts though that sit on the hips instead of the waist. E.G

Yehhh and walk round looking like a shlaaag, no thanks. High waisted shorts are classier and more fashionable in my opinion. And because they do finish higher up the body than short shorts, they make your legs look longer still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cybele)
    Every single one of your comments in this thread
    Oh well, in that case I'll let it slide :cool:

(Original post by Polly1101)
    I think they sit at the slimmest part of ones body, and make legs look even longer
    E.g. disproportionately long sorry!

(Original post by Boobies.)

...Yumm
    Top half - Yumm, bottom half - waaaa? :confused:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by frozzylove)
    Yes, Simon Cowell is not a great look for most blokes, however for those girls who don't have a little flat stomach or a six pack high waisted shorts/jeans are FAB for hiding a tummy.
    I disagree. High waisted items only tend to suit those with flat stomachs and slim waists.

ReputationRep:
    Top half - Yumm, bottom half - waaaa? :confused:
    seriously?! They're hott.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    seriously?! They're hott
    Sorry but they're insanely dorky, your image looks like a girl trying to get into a pair of ill fitting shorts, once owned by Martin Prince (from the Simpsons), now complete with pearls, by hoiking them up their cracks.. it just looks wrong

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but they're insanely dorky, your image looks like a girl trying to get into a pair of ill fitting shorts, once owned by Martin Prince (from the Simpsons), now complete with pearls, by hoiking them up their cracks.. it just looks wrong
    Why are you still on this thread? We've heard your opinion and guess what? No one cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RexyB)
    Why are you still on this thread? We've heard your opinion and guess what? No one cares

Guess what, you're a lovely person.. with a golden personality

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much

You know what they say my dear.. if you can't take the heat, get back in the kitchen*. Stick that in yo sexist pipe and smoke it!
    Well, ever heard of generally keeping your mouth shut if you know whats good for you? Christ.
    If I wanted someone to come and rip the **** into me for no apparent reason then I would create a thread with all my opinions and beliefs and invite everyone to go 'NO YOUR SO WRNG INNT BLUD'

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.