Turn on thread page Beta

How do you guys make your scrambled eggs? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've recently been getting bored with the scrambled eggs I make. They just taste bland. Were they suppose to taste bland?

I use butter, 3 eggs, 2 spoons milk and season towards the end. In the past I used to add some finely sliced onions and tomatoes, now I don't.

I throw my scrambled eggs on some hash browns, which are on a layer of bread. On the top I would usually pour some beans. Even if I remove the eggs, I would probably get the same taste.

So yeah, how do you guys make your scrambled eggs?

I scramble them.

ReputationRep:
    Parsley, three eggs and black peppercorns into a pint glass. Scramble until there are no bits left completely, then add milk, whisk it all up and begin frying.

ReputationRep:
    Add lots and lots of cracked black pepper at the end. Also, ketchup for dipping
    You could try adding different kinds of cheeses for a different taste too!
    Hope I helped

ReputationRep:
    - 4 Eggs
    - some amount of milk
    - grated cheese
    - sea salt and black pepper
    - either sliced up ham, or if i have some smoked salmon

NOM NOM NOM

ReputationRep:
    I use a faily healthy amount of butter and two or three eggs. I don't normally add milk (tended to make it watery) but I used to stir in some cottage cheese right at the end, was pretty tasty (especially if you like cottage cheese)

I just have mine on toast or by themselves seasoned. I don't really think there's that much you can do with them.

Hash browns, beans and scrambled eggs sound good though.

ReputationRep:
    I just do regular scrambled eggs but I do them perfectly.

3 eggs, lots of butter, plenty of salt & pepper.

Obviously beat the eggs, melt the butter and get it very hot, to the point where it is just about to burn then add the eggs. Keep them moving in the pan, not too quickly but not slowly either. Then once they are still pretty liquid take the pan off the heat and keep moving the eggs, the heat of the pan will finish cooking the eggs, just before they are done add plenty of salt & pepper, then its out of the pan and into your mouth!

ReputationRep:
    - Put pan on the heat
    - Put some butter into pan
    - Crack 2 eggs into a jug.
    - Mix with fork to break the yolks.
    - Pour into pan
    - Using wooden spoon scramble the eggs to whatever size you like. (I like 'em quite big scrambled pieces)
    - Put on toast.
    - Pour beans on top.

Seems extremely bland compared to most of these posts....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philistine)
    Parsley, three eggs and black peppercorns into a pint glass. Scramble until there are no bits left completely, then add milk, whisk it all up and begin frying.
    God invented cheese to put in omelettes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomInce6666)
    God invented cheese to put in omelettes.
    Yes, but the OP didn't ask how to make an omlette, he asked how to make scrambled eggs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sangha236)
    My eggs lack flavour, and spirit.
    Then let me open your eyes son.

Hellmans mustard. The type that comes in a small pot, and tastes like a hobo's arse.

Seriously, whip yourself up some eggs, and add milk and a teaspoon of mustard to those badboys. Then scramble them as usual, and let your senses be torn asunder by the ensuing explosion of delicious flavour.

Sources: science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackemforever)
    Yes, but the OP didn't ask how to make an omlette, he asked how to make scrambled eggs
    Yet the guy i quoted told the thread how to make an omelette. Read before posting please.

ReputationRep:
    I make mine by melting a knob of butter into a frying pan, and just cracking the eggs into it, and use a wooden spatula to move the eggs around to stop them burning.

It results in less consistency in the eggs, which is how i prefer them. Making the eggs without milk means they taste stronger.

ReputationRep:
    plenty of pepper, butter, milk, 2-3 eggs, and a wee bit of gratesd cheese, fried up in a pan
    sometimes some very finely chopped onion, or red onion

ReputationRep:
    I do mine in the microwave - not interesting in the slightest, just easier.

ReputationRep:
    I like mine with a kiss- oh

right yeah, salt, 2 or 3 eggs, mix with a few spoons of butter, milk maybe like 100ml - Don't really use pepper, seasoning or anything cos I've found I don't really need that much

maybe some black pepper, bit of cajun pepper

ReputationRep:
    Microwave with salt O_o. Gives me exactly the same effect as frying, less washing up and less time.

ReputationRep:
    Having worked as a kitchen bum with a couple of very skilled chefs, I make some **** hot scrambled eggs.

For a start, the actual cooking process should take about 10 mins.

- 2 eggs
    - couple of spoons of milk (full fat)
    - more salt than you think is healthy

Don't add pepper until you've put the eggs on the plate. If you add it before you cook the eggs then the whole mixture takes on a slightly grey shade.

After cracking the eggs and adding a little milk, add some salt. Put your usual amount in and then double it. Unhealthy I know, but who wants to live a longer life if you don't enjoy the little things?

Whisk mixture and melt some butter in a small pan to cover the base, then pour in the eggs on the lowest heat.

Cook on low heat stirring frequently. Like I said, should take about 10 mins. DO NOT OVERCOOK. There is nothing worse than overcooked, dry scrambled egg! For this reason you should NEVER cook scrambled eggs in the microwave. That is as much of a crime as kicking a babies face off.

Take off the heat whilst they're still slightly running, and stick them on toast or whatever your using. Only then, should you add pepper.

The Independent ran a series of 'how to cook' pieces with big time chefs explaining how to cook simple, everyday meals. Gordon Ramsey did the scrambled eggs. Look that up, I'm fairly sure it's similar to what I've just described.

LONG LIVE THE SCRAMBLED EGG!

ReputationRep:
    -2/3 eggs
    -Mix them in a bowl
    - Add a tiny amount of milk and water
    - Mix everything.
    - Add some spices (not salt. If I'm going to have that, I add it after I've finished making the food)

-Scramble
    - Maybe salt when finished.

- And sometimes finely cut onion.

ReputationRep:
    I only ever add a bit of margarine and sometimes a sprinkle of salt when they're almost cooked. No need to overcomplicate something that already tastes delicious, IMO. :sexface:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.