Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you guys make your scrambled eggs? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I add a bit of sliced red chilli to the mix at the end with some chopped parsley.

Yummy.

ReputationRep:
    Crack egg into frying pan on heat, with some butter, chuck shells in bin, get a spoon, stir until it's mixed up, fry until it's cooked, put on plate, two toasts, break off toast and eat the egg.

Wash your hands after though.

ReputationRep:
    2 Eggs + Milk, then scramble, put in microwave for 1 min a half, then serve. Easy and Healthy. 0% oil. :banana2:

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one that likes COOKED scrambled eggs?

My bland version (fussy eater):

3-4 eggs
    Drop or two of milk (to preserve the colour.)

Scramble the mixture, place in microwave.

Cook for 2:20, then scramble again

Cook for 2:20, then scramble again.

Cook for 1:00, then serve.

Light and fluffy scrambled eggs that aren't that liquid crap they serve in resteraunts.

Then simply season to taste. If you want butter, just place a dollop on when still hot.

Otherwise, I prefer Tomato Ketchup. Yum!!!

ReputationRep:
    2 eggs, i dont beat them, i use a fork and run it over the eggs, sort of dragging it until the yolk and white are half mixed, then add a dash of milk, continue with fork method until the mixture resembles a stone marble pattern, ive found that this adds a TON of texture to the finishing product rather than the more smooth but "flat" type you get by beating

if i feel like it i tear some basil and put it into the mix as well

preheat pan with a little olive oil (add a spring of thyme or rosemary if you want to kick up the flavour a notch, garlic not recommended) until the oil is completely non-viscous but not hot, the purpose is to let the eggs ease into the heat rather than tossing it into a white hot pan and burning the lot

i never "chop" the eggs with the spatula, but i "scoop" around the outsides to keep it from burning all the while rotating the pan to keep the heat even throughout, add salt but not pepper

when the whites begin to coagulate but retaining a jelly like bounciness, turn off heat and continue rotating pan without spatula while letting the residual heat finish off the eggs, 10 seconds will do

immediately serve, add pepper to taste, paprika if you fancy, but never both, chervil to garnish if you like

sounds fancy but takes less than 10 minutes from start to finish, can easily cut it down to 7 minutes or so

ReputationRep:
    2 eggs per person. Whisk in a bowl, add a splash of milk (not too much, don't want it to be watery) and a sprinkle of salt. Add some butter to a hot pan and pour in the egg, as it starts to set, move the mixture round with a wooden spoon 'til it's all fluffy and scrambled but not quite set. Add some pepper and a sprinkle of cheese and take off the heat, letting the egg finish cooking in the pan and the cheese melting gooey pools into the soft egg. Serve immediately on hot buttered toast.

Personally I'm an egg and ketchup lover, so there's always a splodge of ketchup on the side.

Feeling adventurous then I'll put chilli flakes in.

Not following my diet: I'd put this between a bagel with bacon and cheese. Gorgeous.

I used to microwave but find a frying pan superior, despite the washing up! Despite this, I'm really impressed lots of people know of the microwave method, lots of people I know simply have no idea you can scramble eggs this way!

ReputationRep:
    Chives in scrambled eggs is really nice
    But just a pinch of salt is usually enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    I know this sounds odd but I always find that cooking them in a saucepan rather than a frying pand makes them nicer - no idea why and am sure it's all in my head!

Anyways I melt some butter in the saucepan

Whilst it's melting I whisk up 2 eggs with milk and a pinch of salt - making sure it all mixes up well.

Then pour this into the melted butter and stir to stop it sticking.

I always take it off the heat whilst its still very soft then add a little black pepper and serve - ideally with smoked salmon, but more often than not just on its own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squidgyness)
    Am I the only one that likes COOKED scrambled eggs?

My bland version (fussy eater):

3-4 eggs
    Drop or two of milk (to preserve the colour.)

Scramble the mixture, place in microwave.

Cook for 2:20, then scramble again

Cook for 2:20, then scramble again.

Cook for 1:00, then serve.

Light and fluffy scrambled eggs that aren't that liquid crap they serve in resteraunts.

Then simply season to taste. If you want butter, just place a dollop on when still hot.

Otherwise, I prefer Tomato Ketchup. Yum!!!
    My boyfriend has them like this, vom if you ask me but I always have to leave his on the heat a bit longer than my own.

Now scrambled eggs, why is everyone mixing the eggs before heating them? You shouldn't do that- takes out too much air thus not fluffy. In a saucepan, milk, butter, pepper and some herbs, never stop moving it either. Creamy not watery is the dream.

ReputationRep:
    I make them like Ramsay does. Crack eggs into saucepan with a knob of butter put onto heat and mix with spatula. Take off heat and put back on heat while mixing (repeat about 3 times). Add in some creme fraiche (I use milk) and season. The vid is on youtube.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingkev)
    I make them like Ramsay does. Crack eggs into saucepan with a knob of butter put onto heat and mix with spatula. Take off heat and put back on heat while mixing (repeat about 3 times). Add in some creme fraiche (I use milk) and season. The vid is on youtube.
    I do this too - it's delicious! You season to taste at the end, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *River)
    I do this too - it's delicious! You season to taste at the end, too.
    I always thought the scrambled eggs he makes looks too "soft/runny".
    I prefer "firm" scrambled eggs.

ReputationRep:
    -line microwavable bowl with thin layer of butter
    -break two eggs, mix
    -add some milk, milk
    -microwave for 45secs, mix, then microwave for 10second bursts, taking out and mixing up each time
    -when microwaved enough, add salt and generous amount of black pepper

mmmm

EDIT: i said mix but really i mean whisk with a fork...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    I always thought the scrambled eggs he makes looks too "soft/runny".
    I prefer "firm" scrambled eggs.
    You can just cook them for longer - it will go quite firm. I think that people have very differing opinions on scrambled eggs - I can't stand them microwaved because that's never the way that my mum did it when I was little!

ReputationRep:
    4 eggs with milk and then add grated white cheese while cooking to let it all melt it.Sprinkle with black pepper and salt and then NOM TIME!!

ReputationRep:
    egg, milk butter pepper in the microwave.
    I actually forgot to stir once halfway during cooking it in the microwave. Took it out it looked inflated, stuck a fork in to mix and BOOM! exploded all over one section of my halls kitchen :o: and went on my face. :o: Quite lucky seeing as it was scolding hot that it did not go in my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    Bread in the toaster, turn the heat on under the pan, whisk 2 eggs, knob of butter (sizzle sizzle) then pour in eggs with a bit of salt, mix mix mix, take of the heat whilst they're still a bit undercooked and put on the toast. Pepper. YUM

ReputationRep:
    CHEEEEEEESE. Preferably cheddar, mountains of it. Makes the eggs tasty and gooey.

Sometimes ham/chicken/bacon/chopped-up sausages if there's any in the fridge.

Salt and pepper, obviously. Sometimes a sprinkle of paprika too.

Toast with lashings of salted butter and some ketchup.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.