Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

girls aspiring to be stay at home girlfriends - why??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4ttari)
    I got a feeling some girls are jealous of stay home girls because they couldn't achieve an easy life themselves.

It's up to them what they want to do. If they want to sponge than let them.
    Why would we be jealous? A live-in GF is the saddest thing in the world. Like WTF? How can you be some guy's slave? No thanks. I want to pay for everything I use out of my own money until I get married and then it will be 50-50.

Even more pathetic is the guy in the relationship who gets some sense of powah from giving his girlfriend three pounds every once in a while to buy some bread for the house. LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Those are the most bull**** assumptions I've ever had.

"You can do pretty much whatever you want" - OK, what about doing my dream job? :rolleyes:

I'm not a feminist, but that post is a thinly-veiled sexist comment. As if you were saying "you can do whatever you want, girls - except get a job".
    Usually I can't be bothered to reply to things like this but because you were so rude, and because you're not even a funny troll:

No, your assumption was even more ********. In fact, at first I didn't know wtf you were going on about because I didn't understand these accusations of sexism, but I realised you meant it in relation to home girlfriends. This post was directed at everyone, it could be girls or guys who wanted to stay at home. If you had bothered to read my post one page later, it stated that I would happily be a home boyfriend as well, if I somehow had lifetime financial security. Because I referred to guys and girls, it could not possibly mean that I was being sexist, and renders your tirade absolutely ******* futile. I think you should read the post and read it in context before expressing arbitrary outrage.

Secondly, you seem to be locked up in your own world; not everything is about you. The fact that you construed my post as sexist, and constantly refer to "your dream job" suggests you're thinking this is all about you. This isn't about you. I'm sure you have hopes and dreams like everyone else but seriously, you are not the only person in the world and I think you need to calm down and get over yourself. Maybe when you get older, you'll realise that we're not really that special and the universe isn't centred around you.

And finally, even within your own faulty interpretation of my post, there is nothing wrong with my post. I stated that usually, most people would enjoy doing whatever they want at home, apart from very few cases where people are lucky enough to have jobs which reflect their hopes and dreams. I stated musician and athletes as examples, it quite clearly wasn't an exhaustive list. But very few people in this world are lucky enough to do a job which reflects what they'd do if they had all the free time in the world. The fact that you somehow managed to assume that I said "girls aren't allowed to do a job" shows your embarrassing lack of comprehension skills.

It's as if you wanted to get offended and somehow twisted my post to mean what you wanted it to mean so you could express outrage. You managed to assume I was referring only to girls and being sexist. I wasn't. You managed to assume I said people shouldn't get a job. I wasn't. You even managed to assume both at the same time. Just because for you, your idea of a good life enjoys a job, doesn't mean it does for everyone else. Once again, this isn't about you! Nobody gives a **** if you don't want to stay in the house all day; if you don't, then great, get your dream job, I wasn't talking about people who enjoy their jobs.

I remember you complaining about how people think families are more important than careers and how they try and push these ideals onto you. After revealing your serious misunderstanding and inability to read posts, I think you're the one in the wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gandalf_is_a_girl)
    Why would we be jealous? A live-in GF is the saddest thing in the world. Like WTF? How can you be some guy's slave? No thanks. I want to pay for everything I use out of my own money until I get married and then it will be 50-50.

Even more pathetic is the guy in the relationship who gets some sense of powah from giving his girlfriend three pounds every once in a while to buy some bread for the house. LOL.
    you know, i think alot of the guys posting on this thread like the power. they say stuff like ' i feel proud to have a girl live off my money' 'i am glad she relies on me for support and providence'. 'she looks up to me because i have a good job therefore she should slave after me and be grateful'

now i think this is vaguely ok if both parties want it in a marriage, but why on earth would you do that for just a bf who can replace you and kick you out any day he feels??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gandalf_is_a_girl)

Wow generalising much? I am not talking about chavs or live in gf's. If girls were clever they wouldn't become gf's to various men than eventually settle down with a hob nob because that's the best they could find. I find girls more respectful who stick to their partners eventually marrying and settling down with them. Not banged around like a banger.

An educated women who cares for her husband and provides a good upbringing for her kids is far better than a women who works 9-5 and pays strangers to care for her kids.

Compare the mothers of the past with today's and you will see a huge difference, whether you believe it or not.

Anyway the topic is 'stay in gf's not wives so i am out.

ReputationRep:
    WOW!

Dude you have hit the jackpot!
    As I said before it comes with pros and cons...... but I'm happy with the way things are.

I got a feeling some girls are jealous of stay home girls because they couldn't achieve an easy life themselves.

It's up to them what they want to do. If they want to sponge than let them.
    Actually that's very true... and the moment word gets out that a guy is willing to "maintain" a stay-at-home girlfriend, it's almost a surething that there'll be plenty of others making a move to replace her.... my missus has even had her own friends try to make a move on me.

The other misconception is most like to think all stay-at-home girlfriends have an easy life. Generally it's far from the truth as there's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Original post by shinytoy)
    i'd say ANYONE normal and working full time still has time for basic hygeine and decency, cleaning up after yourself and cooking are part of that
    Are you really working in the City in a position that requires you to pay higher rates of income tax?

how is that relavent :rolleyes: i didnt realise being a chauffeaur was necessary to be a wife, again, yes in YOUR case she drive alot. but in GENERAL, the majority of gals dont need to drive their partner around as much as yours does. i and all my friends and all the working people i know who have a god city job commute to work via train/metro
    True.. most gals won't need to drive their partners around, mine chooses to do it.... lucky for me. Not that she doesn't have anything else to do, and you seem to be of the impression most stay-at-home girlfriends are into doing nothing at all and sitting at home all day.... surely driving her bloke to work and back should at least give her something to do.

Most people I know working in the City and pay higher rates of income taxes wouldn't be caught dead on the trains..... their time is too precious for it to be spent waiting on trains. The Underground, maybe a few especially those that the office buildings doesn't have any parking spaces within the building.

again, the majority of people in their teens/early 20s arent living in a facny manor house. they are living in a 2x2 box flat rented out of their bf's sole income as an admin assistant. in any case, i highly doubt you are in this age range since how many folks can afford something like that our of a grad job earnings? therefore this thread isnt ainmed at peopel like you.
    The majority of teens won't be able to maintain a stay-at-home girlfriend. I bought my first home at 22..... and my first home in Britain at 24........ I never received a single cent or penny from my parents to buy it.

The vast majority of admin assts won't be having a stay-at-home gf either.... especially if they have to live in London area.... wonder where you get the idea that it's possible for an admin asst to afford a flat on their own on a single income and support a girl at the same time.

it is aimed at the average student/grad - Joe Bloggs 21 lives with Jane Bloggs,19. he works in telesales full time for £15kpa, with a 2:1 in media art and graphics. they rent a one bed flat with a small kitchen, bog, bedroom which takes 15 mins to hoover. she doesnt work since she cant find a job. what does she do all day? Their average day is :
    wake at 7am,
    she makes breakfast of cereal and toast, and packs his sandwiches
    8am he goes work on the metro, she goes back to bed
    10am she goes gym, works out
    11am she coffees with the girlies then goes home and watches Trisha
    12noon he eats lucnh at his desk.
    1pm she lunches with girlies or has mates over
    4pm she has 15 min hoover of the house then watches more TV or has a nap or gets her hair done
    6pm he finishes work
    5pm she puts on some pasta and starts the bolognase
    7pm he gets home. they have dinner and watch tv and go bed.

this thread isnt aimed at multimillionaires with 6 bed Jacobean manor houses who drive 1000s of miles a week and would otherwise need a chauffer, maid and chef. such a lifestyle is not reflective of the average student. you are the exception.
    First you said the girls are living off one rich bloke to another.... now you're saying the girl is living off an admin asst? Never realized an admin asst would be a rich bloke and since when 15k made it to the ranks of being rich?? Rich in Indonesia and Haiti perhaps?

Do you realistically believe £15kpa is enough for the lifestyle you're trying to portray? Where is she having lunches with her mates? Where exactly is she getting a gym membership? Is he sponging off the train company? Are they squatting their flat?

again, the aveage grad can barely afford rent of a decent city flat, let along land to keep hens, growing veg etc.
    True indeed... but then neither could they afford to keep a stay-at-home partner. Especially one that did nothing at all.

also if she is so great, why havent you married her? why would gals do with without the legal safety net of marriage?
    You should have realized by now not everyone is into the idea of marriage or feels it's of any importance at all.

Tell me exactly what difference would it make to her?

And to answer your question.... we are already married.

also i cant understand how it is an ASPIRATION for these girls to get a rich bf and do nothing. like what is the thought process? omg i cant be bothered with gcses, i will instead apply more makeup and hang out at rich people golf clubs in the hope some rich dude will let me live with him and do nothing?

they base their whole life arond bagging a rich duude?

not even 'bagging' since they arent married.

he can chuck thenm out whenever he feels. they could ome home one day to have been repalced by a 19 y/o ukranian girl. they then would be homeless.

aspiring to be a rich WIFE - maybe i can understand why they might want this. but no ring = no rights.
    wtf.
    I think you generally have little to no exposure to rich people.

Most rich guys would never be caught dead with a 19 y/o ukranian girl and nearly every rich guy will know it when a girl is attempting to sponge of them.

You do realize that even a married woman can be chucked out on the streets and left without a single penny.

you know, i think alot of the guys posting on this thread like the power. they say stuff like ' i feel proud to have a girl live off my money' 'i am glad she relies on me for support and providence'. 'she looks up to me because i have a good job therefore she should slave after me and be grateful'

now i think this is vaguely ok if both parties want it in a marriage, but why on earth would you do that for just a bf who can replace you and kick you out any day he feels??
    Power? LOL What power?

So it's okay for a rich man's wife to be a sponger but not a girlfriend to be a sponger? You do realize this is Britain and the concept of marriage is an outdated one for a great many of the populace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.laurence)
    I'd let my girl do what she wants..
    How generous. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    How generous. :facepalm:
    Problem? Obviously there would be limits

ReputationRep:
    There is absolutely no way I could have a future with a girl who even considers not getting a paid job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.)
    I am here.
    okay come, lets start this relationship.
    lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    okay come, lets start this relationship.
    lmao.
    Plan is, i finish uni, get good job, then sorted, agree?

ReputationRep:
    If I have a stay at home girlfriend,wife etc etc, she better clean the house, make my dinner and have it ready steaming on the table when I get in from work , and lick and suck anything I want her too.She better be hot and get her ass on the treadmill for at least 45 mins a day.

If she won't ,she can get her ass out to work like me.

ReputationRep:

Or a girl who can replace her bf if a richer one comes along?

ReputationRep:
    I find the idea of having to bankroll a woman absolutely sickening. Especially when there are people in nations torn apart by civil war who are probably much more deserving of such money. If a female needs 'support' for her lifestyle - why can't she:

a) find paid employment, or
    b) politly request help from the welfare state?

ReputationRep:
    i know alot of guys who are proud to have a girlfirend who is age 18 - 27+ who just stays at home, cleans, cooks, works out to look nice etc.

many of these girls go through school and uni having fun not working to much, doing degrees in media or arts and dropping out, aspiring to have a man to support them.

now i can understand not being able to find a job, but i dont understand these wannabe WAGs who all they aspire to is sitting at home living off their bf's money.

and i dont understand why guys like/dont mind it?

EDIT: im not talking about stay-at-home moms, ladies with babies etc. im talking about girls who cook,clean,then sit on their bum or go shopping the their mans money all day.

EDIT 2: whats with all the people saying that the full time stay at home spends most of their day "cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing"??? me and all of my friends do all of these things AND hold down a full time job. those things hardly take up 40 hours a week like a full time job. i wold suggest most of their day is bumming, gossiping on the phone, meeting the girlies for lucnh, watching daytime TV soaps, reading magazines and shopping.

Yeh, I wouldnt let that happen, she must contribute instead of just being a leach. Thats prob the type of girl who stays at home wathcing Jordan tv r whatever, nt interested.

ReputationRep:
    Pankhurst must be spinning in her grave.

This whole attitude of girls just wanting to live off of a man makes me really sad. We are so fortunate in this country that girls are educated to the same standard as males (which is very rare in the developing world, for example) and that we have the same rights as men. That some women just want to sponge off their boyfriends and be a "kept woman" is just sad, when they could aspire to so much more.

Or even, if a woman really doesn't want to work because her boyfriend is happy to support her financially, there's a lot of good you could do with all that spare time. Volunteering for example. Helping the community. Not just sitting around getting manicures and laughing at poor people.

Also, is it just me that absolutely hates all these "women should be in the kitchen making her man a sandwich" jokes that have sprang up lately? I see them on Facebook all the time, and they are just not funny. Particularly because it is actually what a lot of men believe, which is ridiculous.

There's a word for a woman who stays with a man because he gives her money. And it's not a very nice word.

ReputationRep:
    i know alot of guys who are proud to have a girlfirend who is age 18 - 27+ who just stays at home, cleans, cooks, works out to look nice etc.

many of these girls go through school and uni having fun not working to much, doing degrees in media or arts and dropping out, aspiring to have a man to support them.

now i can understand not being able to find a job, but i dont understand these wannabe WAGs who all they aspire to is sitting at home living off their bf's money.

and i dont understand why guys like/dont mind it?

EDIT: im not talking about stay-at-home moms, ladies with babies etc. im talking about girls who cook,clean,then sit on their bum or go shopping the their mans money all day.

EDIT 2: whats with all the people saying that the full time stay at home spends most of their day "cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing"??? me and all of my friends do all of these things AND hold down a full time job. those things hardly take up 40 hours a week like a full time job. i wold suggest most of their day is bumming, gossiping on the phone, meeting the girlies for lucnh, watching daytime TV soaps, reading magazines and shopping.
    There are women who wanna do that, and there are men who don't mind - that's pretty much it.

ReputationRep:
    My mum has to do all the housework, cooking, etc and she childminds...I'd go crazy if I had to do that for the rest of my life.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.