Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    Baileys Chocolate Profiterole Cheesecake
    Where can you get it from? I saw a baileys cheescake in my local supermarket once (don't think it had the added profiterole delight) but have never seen it since Looks like all my favourite things in one

ReputationRep:
    Nothing like a fruit salad in summer

ReputationRep:
    I am really not a dessert person. But I used to work at the Hard Rock Cafe and they had the most amazing apple cobbler I've ever tasted. Warm moist pastry topped with warm apples and caramel with cinnamon.

Good God.

ReputationRep:
    My mum's homemade chocolate mousse, which she laces with cointreau. I'm salivating just thinking about it :coma:

ReputationRep:
    There used to be Mr.Kipling Apple pie with custard. But I can't find it ANYWHERE. I've looked for years, but it's not in any of the major shopping supermarkets. Anyone know where I can find them?

ReputationRep:
    Profiteroles!

ReputationRep:
    My dad's home made rice pudding, Pizza Hut's cookie dough I love all the desserts from Pizza express. This is strange as I don't really like chocolate :-/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    Pleasingly, once you've made the pastry it's very easy to do you just make the case, whack some peeled and chopped up cooking apples in it, sprinkle sugar and cinnamon and cover it with more pastry and then put another sugar sprinkling on top and bung it in the oven to cook. It's the custard that makes it though!
    Fresh vanilla custard --> :sogood:
    To be fair my only attempts at making pastry were so horrific I've not tried since but I will. I may even get those ceramic baking beans just to be sure.

ReputationRep:
    This is making me hungry!

I love strawberry cheesecake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    Fresh vanilla custard --> :sogood:
    To be fair my only attempts at making pastry were so horrific I've not tried since but I will. I may even get those ceramic baking beans just to be sure.
    Pastry is all about how much water you put in at the end. It's pretty hard to muck up the first bit. Remember, little by little until it's just the right consistency. I don't think it's necessary to get beans but you can if you like!

Edit: also, vanilla custard is droolworthy!

ReputationRep:
    New York Cheesecake is heavenly.I've never actually tried Creme Brulee but after seeing a picture posted above I really must get round to trying it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McCoy)
    Where can you get it from? I saw a baileys cheescake in my local supermarket once (don't think it had the added profiterole delight) but have never seen it since Looks like all my favourite things in one
    Coppenwrath and Weise used to make it; it's since been discontinued. You can make it yourself easily enough though, or the lazy method would just be to jam together two of their non-discontinued desserts...

PLUS

EQUALS

Baileys Chocolate Profiterole Cheesecake.

Wow, I love mathematics when it involves cake...

ReputationRep:
    Belgian waffles, ice cream and toffee sauce. SO NICE!

ReputationRep:
    Banoffee pie. :coma:

Best dessert ever, hands down.

ReputationRep:
    New York Cheescake! Yumma
    Also, school dinner syrup sponge and warm custard! Oh man the memories- I've had dreams of sneaking back into school just to eat some :o:
    I also make a mean apple crumble :yup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    I am really not a dessert person. But I used to work at the Hard Rock Cafe and they had the most amazing apple cobbler I've ever tasted. Warm moist pastry topped with warm apples and caramel with cinnamon.

Good God.
    This. Ohmigod, this.
    I went to the Hard Rock with a friend recently and implored him to try the apple cobbler, but he couldn't finish it all, so one and a half for me :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    Pastry is all about how much water you put in at the end. It's pretty hard to muck up the first bit. Remember, little by little until it's just the right consistency. I don't think it's necessary to get beans but you can if you like!

Edit: also, vanilla custard is droolworthy!
    I'm gonna have to do this now and post my success (hopefully). Thanks for the tips!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    I'm gonna have to do this now and post my success (hopefully). Thanks for the tips!
    No worries. Apple pie is probably one of the best puddings in the world!

ReputationRep:
    It's all about the Ras malai bruv!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ttttttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiirrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssss ssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (tiramisu) :d

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.