Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what I take to university?

ReputationRep:
    Everything!

ReputationRep:
    Leave the stupidiy but take everything else

ReputationRep:
    in order to have a pleasant staying you need all the things that make you feel comfortable and at home. This is mainly everyone's problem. I am not from UK and it was really hard for me to choose what to take because I came by myself in London and I could not carry too heavy luggage. It also depends on your course. What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    an iMac

im going to make it out to my parents that its part of the offer, so i have to get one LOL

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._To_University

ReputationRep:
    Your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blair2410)
    in order to have a pleasant staying you need all the things that make you feel comfortable and at home. This is mainly everyone's problem. I am not from UK and it was really hard for me to choose what to take because I came by myself in London and I could not carry too heavy luggage. It also depends on your course. What are you studying?
    Photography at Norwich University College of the Arts! yaay!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I was trying to find something like this.
    I like lists

ReputationRep:
    I made like a 6 page list of what to take, it came in quite handy. It was silly stuff like every single item I needed for my bathroom, kitchen and bedroom (inc. clothes) but I didn't forget anything, just start making a list now of stuff you seem to use everyday at home, then think about things you use every now and again, and then extras you think you might need

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that's nice. My flatmates are on a photography course as well, but we are at University of Westminster. And they go out to take all kinds of photos all the time. So you need to get prepared for any weather (lots of clothes both warm and light ), I suppose you already have your own camera, if not, you would need one even though the uni supplies you with lots of equipment. you should also follow the media, so start reading newspapers, because you need to be in touch with exhibitions and stuff...
    Obviously you need a Mac/laptop... are you going to live in campus?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that's nice. My flatmates are on a photography course as well, but we are at University of Westminster. And they go out to take all kinds of photos all the time. So you need to get prepared for any weather (lots of clothes both warm and light ), I suppose you already have your own camera, if not, you would need one even though the uni supplies you with lots of equipment. you should also follow the media, so start reading newspapers, because you need to be in touch with exhibitions and stuff...
    Obviously you need a Mac/laptop... are you going to live in campus?
    Yes I am, can't believe it finally moving out of home.... about time. I'm gonna be 21 so i'm gonna be a little older than average but it's going to be great.
    Ready for a fresh start

ReputationRep:
    Then you'll gonna need your own bed sheets, a pilllow, mugs, glasses, plates, even if you don't cook it's good to have at least a pan, a pot, cutlery, maybe one or more tea towels...

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking long hair. I've had shoulder length hair and a fringe for too long. By Summer I'm hoping it's mid-back and I have bangs, all ready for university.

In terms of material goods, all my clothes, ornaments, photos, books, the obligatory kitchen utensils including a blender, towels, bed sheets and I think that's it.

ReputationRep:
    With a lot of things (kitchen utensils, for example) it may be best to buy them when you're up there. I, like many people, was living with my parents before I went to uni and while they were able to give me some spare plates and cutlery and stuff, there were still a lot of things I needed to buy.

ReputationRep:
    Then you'll gonna need your own bed sheets, a pilllow, mugs, glasses, plates, even if you don't cook it's good to have at least a pan, a pot, cutlery, maybe one or more tea towels...
    I am going to be the housewife.... sort of. Have had to cook and clean for my whole family for years so no problem with all of the boring stuff
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    no matter how hard/well you plan you will forget something. The list Potally_Tissed linked to is quite comprehensive however
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Books.
    Clothing.
    Toiletries.
    Kitchen equipment.
    Relevant paperwork.
    Bank card/large supply of money.
    Bedding.
    Stationary.

Beyond that it's optional really. Most people will take a laptop, and other media. I personally took most of what I owned as I didn't have a choice lol.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.