Turn on thread page Beta

Argggghhhh I hate myself!!! Money, money, money... watch

ReputationRep:
    hh

ReputationRep:
    I actually can't read any of that with those smilies there.

ReputationRep:
    This is why I paid off my accomodation immediately so as not to be tempted.

Most people I know who go out every night have no idea about money and are several hundred pounds into their overdraft. I am about £20 into mine and I like to think I am sensible with money, then again I do get takeaways a fair amount.

Most students without a job go into their overdraft. For me it is bad as I have a £500 overdraft I try not to use, but my house for next year is 12 month lease, so I need to come up with £800 by 1st July, having already paid a months rent as deposit. So hoping I can get a summer job here at least, so that I can stay in Canterbury over the summer, because I love the town, and hate slough where I am from. I love my family, but I have no friends there, and it is the biggest **** hole I have been to in the UK.

Money is a problem for more students than it isn't

ReputationRep:
    I manage because I pay my accom as soon as I get my loan. I also get full loan, grant and a £500 bursary a term. Along with £250 a month from a trust fund my grandma set up for me years ago. I also use my overdraft, of which I have £500. Got about £200 of it left to last me until the next loan installment.
    I would advise that in future you ALWAYS pay accom before anything else, so you know what you have to spend for the term, don't overspend and end up in the mess you're in now, again.

ReputationRep:
    if your REALLY desperate a pay day loan
    as a student though you should be able to get a interest free for 60 days credit card. use this to pay accom then use student loan to pay this off
    it basically just buys you more time to sort it all out

ReputationRep:
    How people afford to go out at uni:

a) get a part time job.
    b) get money from mummy and daddy.

ReputationRep:
    I think some people probably bury their head in the sand and just keep spending money...

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't you pay off your accommodation costs before you dipped into your loan?
    Edit: No offence meant or anything...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.