Turn on thread page Beta

Hate myself when I look ino the miror 3/4 of the time watch

Does anybody else have this?
    I feel angry and this thought "I hate you" automatically comes into my head,I dont even have the time to tell it to shut up:mad: I get it most of the times I look into the mirror,but not all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Don't look in the mirror.

ReputationRep:
    Most females on TSR would probably envy you for that 1/4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Most females on TSR would probably envy you for that 1/4
    lool

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't make me hate myself, it just makes me sad that the way I look is undermining my personality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RequiemForADream)
    It doesn't make me hate myself, it just makes me sad that the way I look is undermining my personality
    Are you the OP? You forgot to press anon.

(Original post by mandingo666)
    (Original post by mandingo666)
    it s not that easy ,you go to a public toliet and its there,you check for pieces of food in your teeth in the ,you check your hair so it doesnt look like you just got out of bed (and I might have dermatillomania.)

The 1/4 the angry thought"I hate you" doesnt come into my head because my mind is on other stuff or Im in a rush,but that doesnt stop me from thinking ughhh,I look dreadful yet again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wqliu90)
    Nope, I'm not, I'm a dude

(Original post by wqliu90)
    nope thats not the OP.

nobody?

ReputationRep:
    But what do you hate exactly, you weight, your face, your teeth, your hair or just that you don't meet the perception of an attractive woman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does anybody else have this?
    I feel angry and this thought "I hate you" automatically comes into my head,I dont even have the time to tell it to shut up:mad: I get it most of the times I look into the mirror,but not all the time.

Ahem... ahem....

From the beginning of my life
    I have been looking for your face
    but today I have seen it

Today I have seen
    the charm, the beauty,
    the unfathomable grace
    of the face
    that I was looking for

Today I have found you
    and those who laughed
    and scorned me yesterday
    are sorry that they were not looking
    as I did

... on a serious note, sometimes I look like I have been run over by a bus, other times I look like I have been run over by a car. It's normal.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it's probably more like 5/6 than 3/4.

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same way. Everytime I am about to go out, I feel like I look really ugly, but once I've had a few drinks I am like

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lii6p4Y0If1qzaxn3.gif

(Original post by I<3LAMP)
    But what do you hate exactly, you weight, your face, your teeth, your hair or just that you don't meet the perception of an attractive woman?
    my skin and my hair,who I am am inside + out

ReputationRep:
    Literally, exactly the same problem here. Except I have trichotillomania, not dermatillomania.

(Original post by BradP)
    I feel the same way. Everytime I am about to go out, I feel like I look really ugly, but once I've had a few drinks I am like

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lii6p4Y0If1qzaxn3.gif
    lol

(Original post by Mad Cat Lady)
    Literally, exactly the same problem here. Except I have trichotillomania, not dermatillomania.
    1 question,do you compulsively ,like every day pull out hair,or only when you re stressed,feel like cr*p?

Mad Cat Lady,are you getting any type of treatment for it,if so what?
    Im gona try to get a diagnosis to make sure I have dermatilomania,most likely that I do... and see where I go from there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    1 question,do you compulsively ,like every day pull out hair,or only when you re stressed,feel like cr*p?
    Gonna chime in here as another trich person. It can be arbitrary but more often than not tends to happen when I'm feeling like crap.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.