Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im applying for bradford uni, the GREEN ensuite.
    mixed i suppose ill be able to make more friends, but all girls may be better cuz i no sumone who put mixed and they are the only girl in their dorm. which i dont want. which would be best.

pros and cons of both please.

is anyone doing the same.

ReputationRep:
    Go for mixed, because us guys need a civilizing influence. And we're quite nice really.

ReputationRep:
    haha thanx i want to, but my mum says all girls will be better, but if i am the only girl ill complain, and they'll have to change surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D*Star)
    haha thanx i want to, but my mum says all girls will be better, but if i am the only girl ill complain, and they'll have to change surely?
    I don't know how they do it at Bradford, but most likely you'd get on a waiting list to switch, it would be fairly simple. There might be a small charge for doing so. And you'll probably get to look round wherever they try and move you to, so you'll get an idea of what the mix is. If you want to stay in somewhere that's particularly nice/popular however, you might be waiting for ages.

Do you think that all girls will be better? You should do what you want to do, I think. Also, I reckon you'd be pretty unlucky to be the only girl in a flat full of boys - and I dunno if that would be the end of the world if you were.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on yourself really. If you're a girly type of girl same gender will prob be best but if you're a bit more "laddish" then mixed will be better.

I live in mixed and definitely recommend it

ReputationRep:
    I would say definitely go for mixed. Groups of girls can be very *****y and very anal about small things. Guys are more relaxed.

ReputationRep:
    Chances are that 95% of people choosing all female halls will be very strict muslims, especially in Bradistan. Probably won't be much fun.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a lad and I'll apply for mixed, wherever I end up.
    My parents shall have no say in the matter because I don't have to care about their opinions any more.

I don't think it's wise to be conjuring up stereotypes about boys and girls, you get all sorts both side of the uncrossable line.

Choose what you want:
    It's all about the uni experience! Live the dream!

ReputationRep:
    I lived with 7 girls when I was in halls :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    did you go to a single sex secondary school?

ReputationRep:
    i live in a flat with 6 other girls. iv lost count how many time s**t has hit the roof, there has been so many arguments and *****ing it actually get boring. next year im living in a house with lads, and i cant wait! i dont think a flat full of lasses works... to much oestrogen flying around! and when one or two people are on their periods WOW you know about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elissabeth)
    I would say definitely go for mixed. Groups of girls can be very *****y and very anal about small things. Guys are more relaxed.
    This 100% over. I know it's a bit different but having worked in both mainly male and mainly female workplaces the atmosphere with guys is just so much more relaxed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elissabeth)
    I didn't want to say this :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys it looks like mixed will be better. lol i have booked mixed now. : )

ReputationRep:
    Whether for better of for worse, be glad that you made the decision yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to say this once and only once. GUYS ARE MORE FUN TO LIVE WITH.

ReputationRep:
    All girls could be really *****y and intense

ReputationRep:
    any biomedic 4 the green?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D*Star)
    girls are *****es, boys can be messy. i am applying for mixed as i generally get on better with guys :P but staying in an all girls hall would be really hard for me its whatever you think it best for yourself

ReputationRep:
    MIXED. girls can be *****y. (I am a girl)

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.