Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most Ideal - Least Ideal place to live in London? watch

• View Poll Results: What is the best area in london?
    North London
    27.59%
    East London
    12.07%
    South London
    11.21%
    West London
    29.31%
    New Yoooork (concrete jungles where drea-)
    12.93%
    Somewhere outside London
    6.90%

ReputationRep:
    Imo Most ideal - Hammersmith and or Islington or Surrey even (seems quite nice, almost rural and I like the suburban feel)

Least Ideal - South london. In general... I kid I kid, but maybe Brixton, or Tower hamlets

Just based on peoples opinions really. Any correlations in the locations of the most or least ideal places may be pure coincidence

ReputationRep:
    Most ideal: Anywhere that's not London.

Least ideal: London.

ReputationRep:
    South london sucks and I live there so I know. Morleys replace starbucks, 99% rate of ignorance and constant gang affairs.

ReputationRep:
    Surely this is a completely pointless poll as there are nice and rubbish areas no matter which direction out of the centre you are.

ReputationRep:
    North London clearly. Islington or Camden. Nice areas and not that expensive.

West London is obviously really nice too...Kensington, St John's Wood, etc. But very expensive

East London has some nice areas too in Hackney and Tower Hamlets.

I wouldn't like to live in South London though...Kennington and Borough are nice enough but the rest isn't.

Generally I'd be fine living anywhere in Zone 1 and most of Zone 2...but I'd hate to live in the suburbs. So boring.

ReputationRep:
    West London. East, north and south London are chavvy.

ReputationRep:
    I live in the suburbs of West London and while it's quite nice it's a tad bit boring, rather live in the city

ReputationRep:
    North London or, where my parents live in the Suburbs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Imo Most ideal - Hammersmith and or Islington or Surrey even (seems quite nice, almost rural and I like the suburban feel)

Least Ideal - South london. In general... I kid I kid, but maybe Brixton, or Tower hamlets

Just based on peoples opinions really. Any correlations in the locations of the most or least ideal places may be pure coincidence
    Surrey isn't in London. It's a county in England.

ReputationRep:
    Brixton's actually not that bad a place now. It's certainly cleaned itself up a lot since I was little.

Don't be hating on sarf Landan

ReputationRep:
    Durty Sauf

ReputationRep:
    nottinghills where it's at

ReputationRep:
    Quick question for y'all: I'm going down to that London to study this summer and was wondering where people tend to live outside of halls in their second year? I assume it'll depend on which uni you live in, but if (hopefully) I end up going to a uni round Bloomsbury way, then is there a general area that students end up living in?

I just ask as with other cities there is usually an unofficial 'student area' - for example Manchester has Fallowfield etc etc, but I've not yet heard of one for London.

ReputationRep:
    Good - Dalston, East Ham, Elephant and Castle, Peckham

Bad - Chelsea, Fulham, Westminster, Kensington, Richmond

ReputationRep:
    east

ReputationRep:
    Most: West
    Least: East

ReputationRep:
    Depends where you work/study. Best place to live is near work, worst is a long way away. Almost all areas of London have lovely and horrible bits, so the nice bit of an area near work with easy access to the centre is pretty much what I want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)

Don't say a word against Richmond, mister!!!! Peckham? Really?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)

Peckham? Elephant and Castle?

Are you sure you haven't made a mistake? Peckham ain't too bad but no where near is it a good place to live. I'd rather live it up in a posh area than to stay here.

ReputationRep:
    SOUTH WEST LONDON! RICHMOND! BANG BANG!

Got a bit excited there.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.