Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The thought of summer is terrifying. watch

Announcements

Anon because it's just so monumentally embarrassing. I'm pretty much a stereotype - If you've seen Paul you'll have a good idea.

I'm in my second year, and I'm on track for a first... but, in short; I have no life. My first girlfriend was a part of my uni social group, and since then (last year) I've basically just been drifting between groups and I have the odd friendship here or there. There's no way the majority will last through the summer or even after uni.

Summer's coming up, and I have squat to do. My plan is to basically go to the gym, apply for jobs online and if I get really desperate I'll either make a head start on next year's modules or learn some ACA/ACCA since I want to go into finance.

I'm afraid that I'm going to waste away my summer doing absolutely nothing. I've got 4 months of nothing and no obligations whatsoever. A normal person would seize the day, but I'm absolutely terrified.

ReputationRep:
    Do some volunteering to occupy your time?

ReputationRep:
    Play videogames?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_p)
    Do some volunteering to occupy your time?
    Good shout you know...

ReputationRep:
    Travel?
    No time like the present.

ReputationRep:
    Get a job? Then travel?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I would love to do absolutely nothing during summer... It's summer... :dontknow:

Just do what you plan to do then if you are really worried abotu doing nothing.

Reading, going on holiday?, voluntary work? -- Ralliegh International ????

ReputationRep:
    If you got the money I say travel depending on were you are you could go to different parts of the country or go to Europe.
    Or start volunterring you could potentially meet new people plus it will look good on your CV

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I did this in my first year due to monumental failing of getting a job and therefore having too much time and not enough money. I don't know how I passed the time because it was so boring. Definitely try to get some work, even if it's say 5 hours a week, it's just something. You could also see if you can join something or volunteer.

ReputationRep:
    Do you really need ideas on what to do with your summer

ReputationRep:
    Volunteering, discovering the countryside, start an Open Uni thing, do lots of sports, arty things, read a lot.

(Original post by emeritus2011)
    Do you really need ideas on what to do with your summer
    Honestly, yes.

My plan is, in fact, to just hit the gym, play video games, watch movies, read books and study a little (and a job, if I get one).

But... for 5 months? Can I really cope for that long? :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Do some volunteering! I'm going to be an English teaching assistant at my local prison once my CRB check has gone through

ReputationRep:
    I thought this thread was gonna be about you being terrified of the hot weather because of your pale skin. What a bummer.

On that note, I ate my breakfast in the garden :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    It'll be summer. Get an Ice Cream and shut the f**k up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellakrystina)
    Do some volunteering! I'm going to be an English teaching assistant at my local prison once my CRB check has gone through
    On another subject, how ironic you need a crb check to work in an enviroment full of criminals :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emeritus2011)
    On another subject, how ironic you need a crb check to work in an enviroment full of criminals :confused:
    I know. They're classed as vulnerable people, the same as hospital patients or children.

ReputationRep:
    Try and cover every single centimetre of your room in jizz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellakrystina)
    Wow, brave. Good luck with that.

As for OP, come on dude, Summer's just (as Barney Stinson would say) LEGEN-DARY. The sun's out, it's warm.. ah man, I'm getting excited myself just thinking about it.

You could always go travelling on your own if noone's willing to go with? Loads of students go on trips to do conservation work/safari work/volunteering and it'd be an amazing opportunity, and you'd make new friends whilst you're at it. Of course it depends how much money you've got but it doesn't have to be amazingly far, and if it was me I'd probably blow my student loan on doing something like that ;D.

ReputationRep:
    You crazy how can you find summer terrifying.
    You get to talk and link up with some random fine ass girls that youve never seen before. Got a negro thinking; " damn shawty where you been all this time".

Im still recovering from my ankle injury, in two weeks time i should be b balling like mad again.
    I am looking for a summer job but if i dont get one, its all gd

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.