Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The thought of summer is terrifying. Watch

ReputationRep:
    What do you normally like doing- interests, hobbies etc? You could look into whether there's any groups locally that are into the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staring.space)
    Wow, brave. Good luck with that.
    Haha, thank you! I'm also going to be (hopefully) working at Download Festival this summer! My summer's going to be awesome

ReputationRep:
    Surely there must be something that you can do/take part in at Uni such as getting involved in a social group like you gf is. Sitting around and feeling sorry for yourself won't make things better for you. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emeritus2011)
    On another subject, how ironic you need a crb check to work in an enviroment full of criminals :confused:
    Is it so you don't smuggle in drugs mobiles or massive jars of gherkins that are then used for illegal activities?

I didn't read your post cos it was long but yh judging from the title i'm dreading summer as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alesha1991)
    What do you normally like doing- interests, hobbies etc? You could look into whether there's any groups locally that are into the same.
    ^^?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Horsedobbin)
    Is it so you don't smuggle in drugs mobiles or massive jars of gherkins that are then used for illegal activities?
    but surely a CRB check is a check on any criminal record you may have? and you really dont need any previous record to be able to smuggle anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emeritus2011)
    but surely a CRB check is a check on any criminal record you may have? and you really dont need any previous record to be able to smuggle anything
    I suppose convicted and imprisoned criminals are more likely to have criminal friends with convictions, but you're right, someone without convictions and a clean CRB check could still bring in drugs, guns etc.
    Same is true of teachers, social workers etc-I suppose the idea is that it cuts down on some possible crime and protects some people some of the timem.
    The trouble is the way things have been going the whole population is going to need a crb check, so before you walk past a chip shop y9ou have to have a crb check because there might be some kids in there buying chips.

ReputationRep:
    It's not just about "passing the time" really, is it. Are you happy with no friends? Because surely you don't want to spend the rest of your life without any friends.. so your priority should be to go out and meet new people, rather than just to pass the time. Obviously anything you do, such as getting a job or volunteering, will lead to you meeting people- but you have to keep an open mind and be prepared to make an effort.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.