The Student Room Group

peter vardy conference anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I went to the philosophy one last year in London. Vardy's actually pretty interesting though a friend of mine did fall asleep on my shoulder during the ontological talk by Arliss - possibly because we'd never studied the ontological in our lives before and didn't have a clue what she was going on about. : /
Reply 41
ye julie arliss isn't a great speaker, she padded out her presentation with little video clips and animations

*rolls eyes*
Reply 42
True she's not as charismatic as PV, but he reeeally isn't someone you'd want to have to talk after!! But she really knows her stuff and I found her calmness to be a bit of a relief to the senses after the manicness (much as I enjoy it) of PV. She seems really nice. At least she doesn't SPIT on you... :p:
Reply 43
^^ lol, good point.

Quick question for those who saw the Arliss ontological presentation - were they whales or dolphins in the background of her PowerPoint thing? We had a major debate on the coach back about this. :P
Reply 44
schrodingerscat
VARDY IS A LEGEND! go and be learned. if you really are into philosophy (as opposed to some of the twots in my seminars who seem to not really get it nor want to; or think they've got it sussed and so by definition havnt) then you'll be able to follow him 100%, he's the best speaker I've ever heard.

I'm sure I'd be fine. But I've taken an instinctive dislike to the man just from reading this thread. It's coming across a little too cult pyramid scheme. I didn't even think you could do that in philosophy, pyramid philosophy schemes are hardly a niche market.
Reply 45
Peter Vardy rocks. His knowledge knows no bounds.
Reply 46
ice_cube
Peter Vardy rocks. His knowledge knows no bounds.

:ditto: :biggrin:
Calvin
I'm sure I'd be fine. But I've taken an instinctive dislike to the man just from reading this thread. It's coming across a little too cult pyramid scheme. I didn't even think you could do that in philosophy, pyramid philosophy schemes are hardly a niche market.

True, my old ethics teacher reckons he must be raking it in: basically a monopoly on the A-level books and he's been doing these courses since time began. Maybe before (...and on the seventh day there was Vardy?)

Arliss is clearly some golddiggin' ho.
Reply 48
schrodingerscat
Arliss is clearly some golddiggin' ho.

:rofl: :rofl:
Reply 49
schrodingerscat
he's been doing these courses since time began

he started off as an accountant...seriously
Hiya, does anybody know where I can get a copy of the study notes of the conference from? because I was unable to go but they seem really useful :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending